Search Open Positions
Patient Engagement Representative - Remote
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
The Patient Engagement Representative is responsible for creating a positive patient experience by accurately and efficiently handling day-to-day operations. This is contact center support of patient acquisition and retention strategies, which result from our clients' business to consumer (B2C) marketing efforts related to hospital services and community support. These strategies include physician referral, service line navigation, event management, non-clinical care coordination, and customer service. This is through multi-channel communications, including inbound, outbound, webchats, email, and SMS messaging. The Patient Engagement Representative will utilize probing questions and problem-solving techniques to identify and support the request. The individual is expected to develop a thorough understanding of the assigned function. This includes adherence to department policies and procedures related to demographic verification and call protocols.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Inbound support for patient acquisition and retention strategies executed by our clients. Inbound channels include telephonic, email, and web chats. The majority of the volume is through telephonic responses. Support consists of the following:
- Answer inquiry promptly while assuring the correct hospital representation to create positive patient engagement.
- Answer inquiry according to designated scripting for the campaign(s).
- Identify specific calls to action for non-campaign-specific requests.
- Accurately determine eligibility for care coordination and service line navigation. Eligibility is based on client-defined criteria presented to representative through a system-based decision tree program. Provide prep instructions and requirements.
- Provide physician referrals in accordance with Stark Law. Provide Safe Harbor Disclaimer and accurately document referral criteria.
- Provide event details and secure registration for all attendees. This includes processing fees electronically in multiple payment applications and in a compliant manner, when applicable.
- Handle payor contract negotiation calls, and data breach calls as needed based on FAQ scripting and follow escalation paths as outlined.
- Navigate multiple systems to ensure the proper resolution for the request.
- Maintain quality measures by handling inquiries based on protocols; this includes disposition, system-based actions, and capture of demographic data points and consent.
- Document and refer unresolved issues to the appropriate department and/or client.
- Handle, document, and follow proper escalation protocols for patient complaints in a caring and compassionate manner while maintaining professional guidelines and representing the client's brand.
- Handle multi-language calls utilizing interpreter services.
- Transfer callers to Post Call Satisfaction Survey.
- Maintain productivity levels outlined by meeting expected handle times and after-call work.
- Outbound support for patient acquisition and retention strategies executed by our clients. Outbound channels include telephonic, email, SMS, and web chats. Majority of volume is through telephonic responses. Support includes inbound duties outlined above; however, they are initiated through an outbound interaction. In addition to the above, outbound support also includes the following:
- Reminder calls for both clinical and non-clinical appointments. Provide all prep instructions, appointment requirements, and any specific hospital protocols.
- Provide communication via email based on campaign protocols. This includes aligning to hospital branding guidelines, ensuring accurate and grammatically correct content, and in a professional manner.
- Outreach to a targeted population for additional hospital services and upcoming campaigns. This is not telemarketing. Outreach is directed at patients and consumers who have requested to be notified of hospital information, services, and upcoming campaigns.
- Generate SMS compliant content through the SMS platform for requests as outlined by protocols and guidelines.
- Contact provider offices to validate information for referral purposes, document updates needed, and notify the appropriate department for processing.
- Additional support as needed
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work remotely in a production-driven contact-center environment
- Ability to work with multi-channel technologies, including telephonic, web chat, SMS, and email channels.
- Must be able to navigate multiple computer systems simultaneously accurately
- Must have basic typing ability
- Must have a working knowledge of Windows-based computer environment
- Must be able to multi-task in a high volume center
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills, including effective and efficient problem solving and analyzing skills
- Professional and calming tone of voice with complete command of the English language free of the use of inappropriate grammar
- Ability to facilitate conversations with others and establish an understanding of the customer's issue/reason for contact
- Ability to perform essential job functions with a high degree of independence, flexibility, and creative problem-solving techniques
- Ability to maintain control of the call by de-escalating issues and instilling confidence that the resolution has been found.
- Ability to function effectively under the stress of conflicting demands on time and attention and, sometimes, under duress from difficult personalities
- Attentive listening skills
- Ability to clearly articulate a response to the customer using appropriate voice modulation
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- Required: High school diploma or GED
- Required: Excellent telephone customer service skills with typing ability and problem solving skills
- Required: Working Knowledge of Windows based computer environment
- Preferred: Two years of college
- Required: Telephone/call center experience
- Required: 1-3 years of customer service and or healthcare experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone for extended period of Time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Remote position
- Work in a 24/7 environment. Must be able to work weekends and holidays as assigned. Shift bids occur as needed and are based on business needs.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Coordinator, Client Network Management (remote or in-office) / Southern CA (Los Angeles) Job ID: 2105021118 Date posted: 05/27/2022 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- Eligibility & Enrollment Supervisor - Remote Job ID: 2205023899 Date posted: 06/26/2022 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- Financial Advocate Representative - Remote Job ID: 2205023454 Date posted: 06/26/2022 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet