Search Open Positions
Patient Account Representative - Houston, TX
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Responsible for processing incoming requests from various departments to bill manual and electronic claims to ensure timely and complete collection of all dollars assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Bill primary claims appropriately completing the billing requirements via electronic submission or paper claims including any attachment of required documentation.
- Properly submit claims to secondary and tertiary insurance companies with the appropriate Explanation of Benefits (EOB) attachments, if applicable.
- Complete subsequent billing to third party payors to include rebills, secondary billing and/or special billing.
- Fulfil paper billing payer requirements with submitting itemized statements, medical records and required forms to process the claim.
- Review billing editor for all edits on UB04 and 1500 claim forms types related to charges, coding and patient information prior to billing to minimize underpayment, denials, and re-bill attempts.
- Responsible for verifying correct insurance information is loaded into demographics using VI, account notes and related accounts as resources.
- Responsible for routing accounts with needed updates for valid billing to the appropriate department or contact utilizing the workflow process.
- Review the editor and/or control ID for all unbilled accounts and/or rebill requests.
- Notate accounts with proper activity codes for workflow back to the facilities for review of unclean claims or to the appropriate department for next steps of claim workflow.
- Bill all late charges with proper billing codes, per Late Charge Workflow.
- Reviewing rejected claims to determine the cause and what the next appropriate steps are to resolve utilizing our available resources. Responsible for calling insurance company if rejection is unclear to determine next step needed for billing.
- Flexibility in learning multiple systems and facilities as needed for billing inventory coverage.
- Expectation to complete all assigned inventory daily provided by leadership, maintaining inventory and meeting production goals.
- Maintain and abides by all billing policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs and safety & compliance standards.
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good data entry skills.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and complete high volume of claims daily handling multiple facilities
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some college coursework in business administration or accounting preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in hospital billing or hospital collections required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit and work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Work Environment
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Patient Account Representative - Houston, TX Job ID: 2305005276 Date posted: 03/15/2023 Facility: Conifer Revenue Cycle Solutions
- Patient Account Rep Job ID: 2305000142 Date posted: 10/12/2022 Facility: Conifer Revenue Cycle Solutions
- Patient Access Representative II | Mid Shift Baylor St Lukes Houston, TX SignOn Bonus to Qualified Applicants Job ID: 2305011378 Date posted: 02/27/2023 Facility: Conifer Revenue Cycle Solutions
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet