Search Open Positions
Pharmacy Tech Flexi Days
Shelby Baptist Medical Center:Located in Alabaster, this facility is equipped with 252 beds and sees over 51,000 patients in the emergency department every year. Shelby offers advanced technology resources including a 3 Tesla MRI, a robotic surgery program, and a state-of-the-art cardiology suite. Shelby offers a full range of services to meet the diverse needs of patients including fast, life-saving response times for patients with chest pain or stroke symptoms; cardiology, including specialized surgical services; orthopedics, including rehabilitation; and psychiatric care.Summary
The individual in this position will assist in preparing, packaging, delivering, and charging of medications, under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
Position duties include the following activities:
- Fill and label medications.
- Stock medications into pharmacy inventory.
- Restock automated dispensing cabinets (ADCs).
- Maintain adequate medication stock levels and proper storage of medications.
- Deliver medications to patient care areas.
- Attend to medication requests and phone calls.
- Assist in Pharmacy quality assurance activities.
- Comply with state and federal regulatory requirements, Joint Commission standards and Tenet and hospital policies and procedures.
- Assist pharmacists in performing various duties as assigned.
Required: High School Graduate or equivalentExperience
Preferred: Hospital ExperienceCertifications
Required: Registered Pharmacy Technician license or Pharmacy Technician certification, as required by State law; or, must obtain within one year.
- Lift/position up to 50 lbs. Push/pull up to 50 lbs. of force.
- Frequent standing and walking.
- Frequent reaching, stooping, and bending.
- Manual dexterity, mobility, touch, auditory to perform all the related duties of the position.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Pharmacist Staff FT Nights 7on7off Job ID: 2305010608 Date posted: 01/27/2023 Facility: Shelby Medical Center
- Ultrasound Tech Flexi Job ID: 2305011230 Date posted: 01/27/2023 Facility: Shelby Medical Center
- Hyperbaric Tech Flexi Days Job ID: 2305010838 Date posted: 01/25/2023 Facility: Shelby Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet