Quantitative Methods Manager- Remote
- Job ID 1705029936
- Date posted 07/17/2017
- Facility Conifer Value Based Care
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health Solutions is a leading healthcare business process management services provider working to improve operational performance to our clients so they can support financial improvement, enhance the patient experience, and drive value-based performance. Through our revenue cycle management, patient communications, and value-based care solutions, we empower healthcare decision makers - hospitals, health systems, physicians, self-insured employers, and payers - to better connect every point of care and wellness management. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
The Manager of Research Statistics will leverage technical knowledge of research and statistical methods, and/or deep understanding of health insurance business issues to find innovative solutions for product development. The Manager will work closely with staff across the enterprise to ensure product development and production support meets customer expectations.
The Manager will focus on developing analytic solutions for models of value based reimbursement. This will include development of measures, scoring methodology, risk adjustment, visualization of data and front end user interfaces to utilize the analytic tools. Qualified individuals will have a strong healthcare analytics background and will be expected to analyze claims data and model health outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
· Serve as the principal lead for complex analytic projects, with accountability for defining the scope of work, establishing the methodology and developing the solution for product development. Lead all aspects of analytic projects:
o conceptualizing analytic solution
o extract and transform data from warehouses as needed,
o writing and maintaining source code,
o quantitative and qualitative statistical analysis,
o conduct quality assurance tests on source code,
· and prepare documentation and communication of analytic solution to other business units to ensure successful implementation of product enhancement
· Develop and ensure that appropriate research and analytic strategies are in place to support population health program design and operations, and provider network and risk based organization initiatives.
· Effectively communicates complex analytic results, outcomes and research concepts to internal business leaders and external business partners.
· Collaborate with enterprise leadership on the assessment, prioritization, design and execution of large, complex, diverse analytics projects. Works with key leadership in articulating and crafting informative solutions for product development.
· Proactively identify and lead the development of new research and statistical methodologies. Maintain awareness of significant developments in the field, including current research methodologies, statistical modeling approaches and other issues as appropriate for specific position responsibilities.
· Demonstrate understanding of healthcare industry to deliver collaborative work products that align with product strategy. Demonstrate understanding of the cross-functional nature of health care industry to inform product strategy.
· Provide support on research and statistical methodology issues to junior staff and customers. People leadership duties as organizational needs require
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
§ Managing complex research projects from inception to completion
§ Demonstrated ability to partner with other functional areas in a business to deliver analytic solutions that align with and inform enterprise strategy.
§ Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex analytic results and research concepts to non-technical audiences in order to inform and influence business decisions.
§ Ability to consult with senior leadership to coordinate and lead analytic projects that align with strategic direction of company.
§ Experience managing/mentoring more junior staff in analytic or research setting.
§ Experience working with large, complex data sets from multiple sources. Including cleaning, transforming, merging and/or managing data.
§ Strategic leadership with external agencies to promote a vision or brand for the company
§ Publications in peer-reviewed journals and invited conference presentations
§ Demonstrated expertise and thought leader in one or more domains of health insurance industry (e.g., risk adjustment, program evaluation, health economics, medical expense reduction strategies)
§ Understanding of relational database systems.
§ Strong programming skills (SQL and SAS preferred)
§ Strong business acumen
§ Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills
§ Strong time management and organizational skills
§ Demonstrated ability to take initiative
§ Ability to lead and coordinate complex team analyses
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
§ Masters or PhD (PhD preferred) in health services research, informatics, biostatistics, epidemiology, public health, mathematics, economics, statistics, quantitative social science or other relevant field of study.
§ A minimum of 7 years (w/ PhD) or 12 years (w/ Masters) of work experience:
o In the health insurance industry or conducting public health or health outcomes research or conducting statistical modeling in areas of economics, marketing, finance, epidemiology or operational analytics
§ Advanced statistical programming skills in SAS, R, SPSS, or STATA.
§ Evidence of ability to lead a team on behavioral scientific research and/or complex statistical modeling projects (such as regression, neural net/machine learning, decision trees and cluster analysis).
§ Experience in the health insurance industry.
§ Experience with health insurance claims data.
§ Experience with analytical groupers (i.e. Diagnostic Cost Groupers, Episode Treatment Groups).
§ Approximately 10-20% travel may be required
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify and Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) programs. Follow the links below for additional information.