Vice President/Director of Development, Midwest and West
Job ID: 2105017962 Date Posted: 05/12/2021 Facility: Tenet Executive Search
As a Vice President/Director of Development, Midwest and West, you’ll develop and lead multi-faceted web-based strategies for some of the most recognized names in the world. You’ll be the face of our software solutions, analytics and digital capabilities — able to explain the complex in simple ways to your colleagues and clients. And you’ll come up with innovative approaches that change the way companies and candidates connect.
- Mid-Senior level
- No Travel
What makes a successful Vice President/Director of Development, Midwest and West at our location? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
“Our physicians, specialists, surgeons, nurses and other healthcare professionals are highly skilled and dedicated to providing the best possible medical care. We advance health through the continuous pursuit of evidence-based, coordinated care. Our goal is to be your trusted and lifelong partner for health and wellness services.”-Frank Molinaro, Chief Executive Officer at Abrazo Health
Paid Time Off
Stock Purchase Program
Life and Disability Insurance
The Vice President of Development will be responsible for leading and executing on transactions in the ambulatory space, including ambulatory centers and surgical hospitals. As a part of this work, developing and cultivating health system and physician group relationships is key. The role will be focused on the Southeast United States with significant travel required in order to effectively execute on team initiatives. Creativity, innovation, self-reliance, and an intuitive sense of deal pace and momentum are keys to success in this position. Experience successfully driving small and large M&A transactions will be necessary, with a particular emphasis on familiarity in working within joint venture partnership models. An understanding of the regulatory context of the Healthcare industry is also needed, as is a sound understanding of contracts and comfort level partnering with counsel to help drive opportunities to closure.
The VP Development’s essential duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Lead process for and execute on key strategic transactions; develop and guide due diligence and negotiations for new opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a robust M&A pipeline management process.
- Foster and maintain relationships with USPI’s potential and existing health system and physician partners.
- Develop and prepare short-term and long-range development plans and budgets based on corporate goals and objectives and recommends their adoption to members of the Executive Team.
- Partner with business leaders before, during and after the M&A processes, to ensure the deals make strategic sense, fit with forward-looking business plans, and are integrated smoothly and fully optimized.
- Interface and communicate effectively with all company departments.
- Evaluate general and specific business conditions and keep executive team informed on these matters, as well as participate with other Executives in developing strategy and corporate objectives and plans for their achievement, including key investment criteria and thresholds.
- Direct and organize activities to achieve or exceed budgeted results and other financial criteria to enhance the growth and value of the company.
- Ensure post acquisition synergies and expected performance targets are met during and after the business integration period.
- Bachelor’s Degree and an MBA or relevant graduate degree is preferred.
- Extensive experience investing in and working with healthcare services organizations whose recognition and reputation for excellence and quality place them at or near the top of the healthcare delivery system.
- Strong operational, negotiating and strategic skills with the ability to understand and define markets. Courage and openness in seeking input and counsel from various sources without abdicating responsibility for timely and forceful decision making.
- Represent the organization at all times. Be supportive of other managers and set an example of high personal and professional conduct and integrity for employees and others.
- Ability to identify strategic priorities and drive them to completion.
- Strong strategic decision-making capabilities with the understanding of inherent risks and the implications of decisions and the courage to commit appropriate resources within the context of the strategy.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo by encouraging openness to new ideas and aggressively changing existing strategies, current structures, systems and processes to better utilize resources and take advantage of opportunities.
- Embrace collaborative leadership style; ability to seek input and counsel from a wide constituency, without losing decisiveness or the ability to take action and inspire others to action, as appropriate.