Search Open Positions
Laboratory Supervisor Clinical Lab FT Days
**5k Sign On Bonus for Qualified Candidates**
St. Francis Hospital Bartlett
Saint Francis Hospital Bartlett is a 196-bed hospital dedicated to providing high quality, compassionate care to the community. As a comprehensive medical center, Saint Francis Hospital Bartlett has the expertise to deliver quality care in a variety of specialties including Emergency Services, Inpatient & Outpatient Surgical Services, Med/Surge, Ortho, Critical Care and Women’s Services.
Laboratory Supervisor Clinical Lab FT Days Position Summary
Supervises the daily operations of department.
Assists in selection of personnel for hire.
Performance management and makes recommendations on discipline and termination.
Advanced responsibilities include, but are not limited to: equipment validation and implementation; employee training and competency assessment; regulatory compliance.
Responsible for CAP, TCJ,AABB or other accreditation.
Demonstrates subject matter expertise in core laboratory, blood bank, microbiology or other specialty department.
- Supervises the daily operations of department
- Supervises staff
- Assists in selection of personnel for hire
- Performance management, and makes recommendations on discipline and termination as well as staff evaluation of performance
- Responsible for CAP, TCJ,AABB or other accreditation
- Reviews quality control and patient results
- Performs laboratory testing
- Performs operational duties, maintenance and troubleshooting of laboratory instrument and equipment
- Ensures service level agreements are met through implementation of operational efficiencies in work area
- Completes other duties assigned by laboratory director
Laboratory Supervisor Clinical Lab FT Days Candidate Will Possess the Following Education and License or Certifications
Required: Bachelor’s Degree from an approved college or university and/or graduate of an accredited school of medical technology, or equivalent such as military training as defined by 42 CFR 493.1489, or have qualified at the Medical Technologist level by achieving a satisfactory grade on a HHS examination prior to 2/28/92 42 CFR 493.1491. The above meets required criteria as defined by CLIA regulations for High Complexity testing (42 CFR 493.1489 and 42 CFR 493.1491). Meets CLIA requirements for General Supervisor.
Required: 5 years as medical technologist or clinical laboratory scientist in an acute care facility.
Preferred: 5 years laboratory supervisory experience.
Required: Registered in accordance with an approved certifying agency (ASCP, NCA, AMT or equivalent). Licensure, as required by State law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Monitor Tech FT Days Job ID: 2205023851 Date posted: 06/22/2022 Facility: Saint Francis Hospital - Bartlett
- Monitor Tech PT Days Job ID: 2205023850 Date posted: 06/22/2022 Facility: Saint Francis Hospital - Bartlett
- Monitor Tech FT Nights Job ID: 2205023852 Date posted: 06/22/2022 Facility: Saint Francis Hospital - Bartlett
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet