Search Open Positions
RN Case Manager FT Days
We know it takes a special person to be a nurse, and we are committed to providing our nurses with an enriching and rewarding environment. We provide the resources, tools and support our employees need to serve our patients and customers in the best way possible — so we can provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time, and do so with compassion.
- No travel
What makes a successful Nurse at our
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
- Paid Time Off
St. Francis Hospital Bartlett
Saint Francis Hospital Bartlett is a 196-bed hospital dedicated to providing high quality, compassionate care to the community. As a comprehensive medical center, Saint Francis Hospital Bartlett has the expertise to deliver quality care in a variety of specialties including Emergency Services, Inpatient & Outpatient Surgical Services, Med/Surge, Ortho, Critical Care and Women’s Services.
RN Case Manager FT Days Position Summary
The RN Case Manager is responsible to facilitate care along a continuum through effective resource coordination to help patients achieve optimal health, access to care and appropriate utilization of resources, balanced with the patient’s resources and right to self-determination.
The individual in this position has overall responsibility for ensuring that care is provided at the appropriate level of care based on medical necessity and to assess the patient for transition needs to promote timely throughput, safe discharge and prevent avoidable readmissions.
This position integrates national standards for case management scope of services including:
Utilization Management supporting medical necessity and denial prevention
Transition Management promoting appropriate length of stay, readmission prevention and patient satisfaction
Care Coordination by demonstrating throughput efficiency while assuring care is the right sequence and at appropriate level of care
Compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements, TJC accreditation standards and Tenet policy
Education provided to physicians, patients, families and caregivers
The individual’s responsibilities include the following activities:
- Accurate medical necessity screening and submission for Physician Advisor review,
- Care coordination,
- Transition planning assessment and reassessment,
- Implementation or oversight of implementation of the transition plan,
- Leading and facilitating multi-disciplinary patient care conferences,
- Managing concurrent disputes,
- Making appropriate referrals to other departments, h ) identifying and referring complex patients to Social Work Services,
- Communicating with patients and families about the plan of care,
- Collaborating with physicians, office staff and ancillary departments,
- Leading and facilitating Complex Case Review,
- Assuring patient education is completed to support post-acute needs ,
- Timely complete and concise documentation in Case Management system, n ) maintenance of accurate patient demographic and insurance information,
- Identification and documentation of potentially avoidable days,
- Identification and reporting over and underutilization,
- And other duties as assigned
RN Case Manager FT Days Candidate Will Possess the Following Education and License or Certifications
Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Academic degree in nursing (bachelor's or master's).
Preferred: Academic degree in nursing (bachelor's or master's).
Required: 2 years of acute hospital patient care experience.
Preferred: Acute hospital case management experience.
Required: RN. Must be currently licensed, certified or registered to practice profession as required by law or regulation in state or practice or policy. Active RN license for state(s) covered.
Preferred: Accredited Case Manager (ACM)
Lift/position up to 25 lbs. Push/pull up to 25 lbs. of force.
Frequent sitting. Moderate standing, walking, reaching, stooping, or bending.
Manual dexterity, mobility, touch, auditory to perform all the related duties of the position.