Search Open Positions
RN Case Manager FT Days St. Francis Hospital Bartlett
We know it takes a special person to be a nurse, and we are committed to providing our nurses with an enriching and rewarding environment. We provide the resources, tools and support our employees need to serve our patients and customers in the best way possible — so we can provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time, and do so with compassion.
- No travel
What makes a successful Nurse at our
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
“I feel like I'm rewarded in many ways. Just the time that I get to share with patients and learn who they are - I feel like that's a gift to me.”- Elizabeth Vernon, RN
- Paid Time Off
We are seeking an RN with a minimum of 5 years bedside experience in adult acute care. This is a full-time, salaried position.
**Candidates with previous experience in Case Management will be given priority consideration.**
The RN Case Manager is responsible to facilitate care along a continuum through effective resource coordination to help patients achieve optimal health, access to care and appropriate utilization of resources, balanced with the patient’s resources and right to self-determination.
The individual in this position has overall responsibility for ensuring that care is provided at the appropriate level of care based on medical necessity and to assess the patient for transition needs to promote timely throughput, safe discharge and prevent avoidable readmissions.
This position integrates national standards for case management scope of services including:
Utilization Management supporting medical necessity and denial prevention
Transition Management promoting appropriate length of stay, readmission prevention and patient satisfaction
Care Coordination by demonstrating throughput efficiency while assuring care is the right sequence and at appropriate level of care
Compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements, TJC accreditation standards and Tenet policy
Education provided to physicians, patients, families and caregivers
The individual’s responsibilities include the following activities:
- Accurate medical necessity screening and submission for Physician Advisor review,
- Care coordination,
- Transition planning assessment and reassessment,
- Implementation or oversight of implementation of the transition plan,
- Leading and facilitating multi-disciplinary patient care conferences,
- Managing concurrent disputes,
- Making appropriate referrals to other departments, h ) identifying and referring complex patients to Social Work Services,
- Communicating with patients and families about the plan of care,
- Collaborating with physicians, office staff and ancillary departments,
- Leading and facilitating Complex Case Review,
- Assuring patient education is completed to support post-acute needs ,
- Timely complete and concise documentation in Case Management system, n ) maintenance of accurate patient demographic and insurance information,
- Identification and documentation of potentially avoidable days,
- Identification and reporting over and underutilization,
- And other duties as assigned
Education: Graduate of an Accredited Nursing Program. BSN preferred.
Experience:Two (2) years of Case Management experience. Ability to prepare reports and formal presentations preferred. Utilization management experience. Acute hospital case management experience.Excellent organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to lead and coordinate activities of a diverse group of people, demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills, and computer literacy. Previous experience as a Case Manager is preferred.
Licensure/ Certification(s): Current RN license to practice in the State of TN. Accredited Case Manager (ACM) preferred.