Certified Medical Assistant for General Surgery Clinic
- Job ID 2005018691
- Date posted 09/22/2020
- Facility BAPTIST HLTH CTR BW MKT
$1000 Sign on Bonus
This position is located in a clinical setting, on the Brookwood Hospital Campus in Birmingham, AL.
Medical office position responsible for providing direct nursing care in a medical office setting under the direction of a physician, assists medical providers, and maintains a clean and safe environment in accordance with the policies and procedures of the practice.
THIS ROLE IS NOT IN A HOSPITAL!
- Assists in the assessment of patient needs and health plan.
- Completes all necessary documentation in the patient s medical record in accordance with practice s charting policy.
- Prepares equipment and assists physicians with medical treatments, exams and medical procedures.
- Arranges for specialized consultations and appointments for testing as ordered by the physicians.
Required: High school diploma/GED required
Preferred: Completion of an accredited Medical Assisting Program
Required: Must have a minimum of one year of experience working in a physician office
Required: Medical Assistant (will allow 90 days to obtain it) and CPR certification
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.