IT Educator (Birmingham, AL Market Office)
This position is for qualified individuals who have work experience in educating adult learners in both in-person and online settings. This role participates in the overall onboarding and training of software applications, and ongoing support of new employees and providers. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing Learning Management Systems (LMS) for user tracking and assignment of courses, providing onsite, at-the-elbow support, and collaborating with IT peers and resources for new technologies, implementation, and tools to best support care providers.
***The hospital that this position will support most frequently is the Walker Baptist Medical Center, but will have potential to train and support at all five market hospitals. Need to live in the Birmingham, AL area and be able to commute to the five hospitals, primarily Walker. Constitutes 75% local travel within market.
- Assist with the planning, design, build, and maintenance of lesson plans and teaching resources.
- Manages and performs the training, support, and development of employees and providers.
- Performs quality assurance for assigned applications.
- Participates in project initiatives, as assigned.
- Employee will provide day-to-day support of end users’ use of applications, staff and affiliates across market facilities, as well as related contract vendor users.
- Employee will rotate on-call responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position requires 2 or more years of teaching experience and knowledge of adult learners.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Clinical experience and knowledge of medical terminology a plus.
- Epic Credentialed Trainer or Super User a plus.
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office suite of products including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, One Note, Teams, and SharePoint.
- Travel required in Central Alabama area. Ability to commute to hospitals and then walk to assess education needs and provide point-of-care end user application support.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to operate various office machines including printers, computers, and various software packages.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Analytical skills.
Constitutes 75% local travel within market. As travel is required, we will run a MVR on the final candidate
Tenet Healthcare/USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities