Search Open Positions
Pharmacy Intern/Extern Flexi Days
Princeton Baptist Medical Center:Located in Birmingham, this hospital is equipped with 505 beds and serves 53,000 people for primary and emergency care. Princeton is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, and is committed to contributing to the future of health care through its clinical research and medical residency program. Princeton offers fast, life-saving response times for patients with chest pain or stroke symptoms; cardiology, including structural heart and valve care; orthopedics, including rehabilitation; psychiatric care; a comprehensive sleep center; and a Comprehensive Bariatrics Center, providing surgical and non-surgical weight-loss procedures.
The individual in this position, under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, will assist the pharmacist in the efficient and accurate preparation, dispensing and delivery of pharmaceuticals and supplies.
This individual will be a pharmacy student and the specific duties and responsibilities of the intern’s involvement is directly related to their academic standing or year of professional education.
- Under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- Reviews and interprets orders for inpatients and outpatients to ensure the appropriateness of dosage and to determine the significance of potential drug-drug interaction.
- Prepares and dispenses appropriate amount of inpatients and outpatient medication.
- Conducts medication rounds and prepare IV additives using aseptic techniques.
- Monitor selected patient’s therapy with pharmacokinetic analysis of therapeutic drug levels to ensure effective therapy.
- Participate in educational programs and projects designed to improve the clinical and operational components of the department.
Required: Actively enrolled in an accredited college/ school of pharmacy and demonstrating progress to completing the program.
Preferred: Prior experience
Required: Registered Pharmacy Technician license. Pharmacy Technician certification (both based on state requirements)
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- RN EKG Unit FT Days Job ID: 2105047842 Date posted: 01/21/2022 Facility: Brookwood Baptist Medical Center
- Nursing Tech Acute Medical Flexi Days Job ID: 2205002147 Date posted: 01/20/2022 Facility: Shelby Baptist Med Ctr
- Nursing Tech Acute Medical General Surgery Flexi Nights Job ID: 2205002145 Date posted: 01/20/2022 Facility: Brookwood Baptist Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet