Search Open Positions
Pharmacy Tech II FT Days
*1k Sign On Bonus for Qualified Candidates**
Princeton Baptist Medical Center: Located in Birmingham, this hospital is equipped with 505 beds and serves 53,000 people for primary and emergency care. Princeton is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, and is committed to contributing to the future of health care through its clinical research and medical residency program. Princeton offers fast, life-saving response times for patients with chest pain or stroke symptoms; cardiology, including structural heart and valve care; orthopedics, including rehabilitation; psychiatric care; a comprehensive sleep center; and a Comprehensive Bariatrics Center, providing surgical and non-surgical weight-loss procedures.
The individual in this position will assist in preparing, packaging, delivering, and charging of medications, under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist; includes the production of IVs.
The individual’s responsibilities include the following activities:
- Accurately fill medication orders with correct strength, dosage form, and quantity in a timely manner,
- Assure all medications are checked by a pharmacist prior to dispensing,
- Respond appropriately to requests for STAT orders, routine orders, department requests, and ADC stock out bulletins,
- Refill emergency crash carts, boxes, and kits accurately and timely,
- Accurately stock ADCs in a timely manner,
- Prepackage and label oral medications and extemporaneous preparations,
- Prepare IV sterile admixture solutions and IV products accurately consistent with IV policies and procedures (USP797 and USP800),
- Restock medications in IV room and conform to IV cleaning schedule
Required: High School Graduate or equivalent
Preferred: 2 years hospital experience
Required: Registered Pharmacy Technician license; Pharmacy Technician certification (both based on state requirements). Accredited training in sterile products preparation
- Lift/position up to 50 lbs. Push/pull up to 50 lbs. of force.
- Frequent standing and walking.
- Frequent reaching, stooping, and bending.
- Manual dexterity, mobility, touch, auditory to perform all the related duties of the position.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Pharmacy Tech Flexi Rotating Shift Job ID: 2205001484 Date posted: 01/14/2022 Facility: Princeton Baptist Med Ctr
- Pharmacy Intern Extern Flexi Rotating Shift Job ID: 2205000556 Date posted: 01/06/2022 Facility: Brookwood Baptist Medical Center
- Pharmacy Tech FT Nights 7on 7off Job ID: 2105039535 Date posted: 11/10/2021 Facility: Princeton Baptist Med Ctr
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet