Search Open Positions
Radiology Student Extern Flexi Rotating Shifts
Brookwood Baptist Medical Center:Located in Birmingham, this 588 bed facility provides the following services: Brain & Neuro, Cancer Care, Children's Services, Diagnostics, Digestive Disorders, Ear, Nose & Throat, Emergency, Gynecological Surgery, Heart Care, infertility issues, Interventional Radiology, Maternity, Orthopedics, Pain Management, Psychiatry (one of the largest providers in the State), Pulmonary and Respiratory, Rehabilitation Services, Robotic Surgery, Sleep Center, Surgical Services, Urology, Weight Loss Surgery, Women's Health, Workforce Wellness, and Wound Care.
Under the direct supervision of a registered imaging technologist, the Imaging Student Extern will performs a variety of tasks and procedures related to imaging and the imaging process in which they learned in class and practiced in the school setting.
These tasks have also been practiced with demonstrated competency during clinical rotations at a Tenet Hospital.
- Assist technologist with imaging procedures and may position patient for specified X-Ray exams according to department protocols/procedures and transport patients as necessary.
- Adhere to established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, safety and environmental standards.
- Works well with all Radiologists to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
- Prepares written documentation as required by department and hospital policies to record history of patient’s illness or injury in their course of care in radiology.
- Ensures equipment functions, orderliness and cleanliness of work areas.
- Checks availability of supplies and accessories necessary to perform exams.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and functions well in stressful situations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested which are within capabilities with reasonable accommodations
Required: Full-time student in good standing in an accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
Computer skills are a plus since part of the job is working on the PACS (digital imaging) computer.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Nursing Tech Acute Medical Flexi Days Job ID: 2205002148 Date posted: 01/26/2022 Facility: Shelby Baptist Med Ctr
- Radiology Tech FT Weekend Days Job ID: 2105038329 Date posted: 11/18/2021 Facility: Brookwood Baptist Medical Center
- RN Employee Health Flexi Days Job ID: 2205002588 Date posted: 01/24/2022 Facility: Shelby Baptist Med Ctr
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet