Search Open Positions
RN Utilization Review Flexi Days
We know it takes a special person to be a nurse, and we are committed to providing our nurses with an enriching and rewarding environment. We provide the resources, tools and support our employees need to serve our patients and customers in the best way possible — so we can provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time, and do so with compassion.
- No travel
What makes a successful Nurse at our
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
- Paid Time Off
The individual in this position is responsible to facilitate effective resource coordination to help patients achieve optimal health, access to care and appropriate utilization of resources, balanced with the patient’s resources and right to self-determination. The individual in this position has overall responsibility for ensuring that care is provided at the appropriate level of care based on medical necessity. This position manages medical necessity process for accurate and timely payment for services which may require negotiation with a payer on a case-by-case basis. This position integrates national standards for case management scope of services including:
Utilization Management services supporting medical necessity and denial prevention
Coordination with payers to authorize appropriate level of care and length of stay for medically necessary services required for the patient
Compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements, TJC accreditation standards and Tenet policy
Education provided to payers, physicians, hospital/office staff and ancillary departments related to covered services and administration of benefits
- Accurate medical necessity screening and submission for Physician Advisor review
- Securing and documenting authorization for services from payers
- Managing concurrent disputes
- Collaborating with payers, physicians, office staff and ancillary departments
- Timely, complete and concise documentation in the Tenet Case Management documentation system
- Maintenance of accurate patient demographic and insurance information
- Identification and documentation of potentially avoidable days
- Identification and reporting over and underutilization
Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Preferred: Academic degree in nursing (bachelor's or master's)
Required: 2 years pf acute hospital or behavioral health patient care experience with at least 1 year utilization review in an acute hospital or commercial/managed care payer setting.
Required: RN. Must be currently licensed, certified or registered to practice profession as required by law or regulation in state of practice or policy. Active RN license for state(s) covered.
Preferred: Accredited Case Manager (ACM).
- Lift/position up to 25 lbs. Push/pull up to 25 lbs. of force.
- Frequent sitting. Moderate standing, walking, reaching, stooping, and bending
- Manual dexterity, mobility, touch, auditory to perform all the related duties of the position