Surgical Tech OR Fulltime AM Princeton BMC Birmingham AL
- Job ID 2105007592
- Date posted 03/01/2021
- Facility Princeton Baptist Med Ctr
The Surgical Technician demonstrates basic knowledge and skills in the scrub role, necessary to provide assistance during surgical procedures.
- The Surgical Technician is responsible for aseptic technique, setting up the required equipment, instrumentation and sterile supplies as needed for their assigned cases.
- Scrubbing and passing instruments and equipment during surgical procedures.
- Pulling cases as needed, breaking down cases at the end of the procedure, sets up operating room and supplies needed for day/following day’s schedule.
- Available for call on an assigned/ scheduled basis as required by unit need.
- When need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required: Graduate of Surgical Technician Program as required by state regulation of practice or policy.
Preferred: 1 year experience as surgical technician
Preferred: Surgical Technology Certification
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.