Certified Medical Assistant for Riverside Women's Care
- Job ID 1805011677
- Date posted 03/28/2018
- Facility HILTON HEAD PHYS NETWORK
Riverside Women's Care located in Bluffton, SC, is in need of a Certified Medical Assistant with good work ethic and outgoing personality to assist in a busy multi-provider practice. This position is full time/days and includes a $1000 Sign on Bonus.
- Assists in the assessment of patient needs and health plan by taking vital signs, history, medication listing, assessing visual acuity and determining chief complaint. Assesses patients’ physical and mental status.
- Completes all necessary documentation in the patient’s medical record in accordance with practice’s charting policy.
- Answering office phones, assisting front desk in scheduling appointments and directing calls appropriately.
- Assists in checking out patients and assists them with referral processing and scheduling process
- Assist in other functions of the physician practice as needed
- Prepares equipment and assists physicians with medical treatments, exams and medical procedures
- Administers prescribed oral medications and gives intramuscular and subcutaneous and intradermal injections. Performs venipunctures, CLIA-Waived and non-CLIA Waived lab testing.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe environment for patients and visitors. This includes cleaning, sterilizing, and storing instruments in accordance with practice policies. Stocks rooms in preparation for the daily work schedule. Takes inventory of medical and exam room supplies.
- Arranges for specialized consultations and appointments for testing as ordered by the physicians. Notifies appropriate insurance personnel to pre-certify surgeries or tests ordered by the physician or other health care provider, which require pre-certification by the insurance company.
- Basic understanding of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of medical office procedures and process.
- Knowledge of clinical equipment, supplies, and instruments.
- Understanding of documentation required for physician office visits.
- Knowledge of the purposes, organization, and policies of the local community's health systems sufficient to interact with other health care providers.
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of a clinic sufficient to provide effective patient care.
- Skill in problem solving.
- Skill in computer hardware and software use.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
- Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients, and the public.
- Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
- Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to obtain vital signs and record them correctly.
- Ability to use medical equipment, supplies and instruments.
- Ability to understand and carry out written, oral and/or graphic instructions.
- Ability to multi-task, manage details and organize efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
- Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff, and the public effectively.
- Ability to use EMR, other relevant computer hardware and software, telephone, copier, fax machine and other standard medical office equipment.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.