Search Open Positions
Cardiac Invasive Specialist Days Contingent
DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital in Oakland County is committed to outstanding customer service and medical care. This hospital features the Harris Birthing Center with all private birthing suites, the Charach Cancer Treatment Center (affiliated with the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Center), cardiac services, and comprehensive inpatient and outpatient diagnostic care. For emergency services, obstetrics and ambulatory surgery, Huron Valley-Sinai consistently ranks among the top hospitals in the nation.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, clinically and technically assists physicians before, during and after a variety of invasive diagnostic and interventional procedures in a cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology, and special procedures laboratories.
• Prepares patient for procedures and monitors patient status. Inserts and removes arterial and venous lines.
• Functions as the first assistant to the physician during the invasive procedure.
• Assists with wire handling, catheter advancement, x-ray controls and equipment preparation.
• Removes vascular sheaths from the femoral, radial, or brachial artery and/or vein as well as deploys designated vascular closure devices.
• Records hemodynamic/physiological waveforms and performs various hemodynamic/physiological calculations.
• Maintains equipment, supply inventory and medical inventory.
• Participates as a team member including providing detailed report to nursing units regarding the patient and procedure.
• Assists in other general duties that are necessary to provide quality patient care and promote the success of the Cardiovascular Institute within the DMC.
1. Associate's degree in Science with a major in Cardiovascular Technology or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Minimum one year of experience in a Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, Special Procedures, Operating Room, Endoscopy, externship experience in Cardiac Catheterization
3. Registration or Registry Eligible with the National Board for Cardiovascular Testing preferred
4. Experience as a first assistant in an interventional cardiac laboratory preferred.
5. BCLS and ACLS Certification.
1. Analytical ability to interpret data from a variety of cardiovascular tests, to monitor data, to develop treatment plans in conjunction with the attending physician, to identify discrepancies, problems or issues, and to obtain advice when precedents are unclear or unavailable. Ability to determine methods for ensuring compliance with functional/organizational/service policies and procedures. Considerable degree of independent judgment for continuous monitoring and appropriate response to changes in patient conditions.
2. Communication and/or interpersonal skills for contact with internal and external customers/stakeholders to discuss and interpret technical information. Some discretion must be exercised in deciding what and how to communicate. Conflict resolution skills are exercised within the unit or function and occasionally on an interdepartmental or interfunctional basis. Diplomacy, tact and listening skills are required. Ability to read and comprehend policies and interpret technical materials in the specialty area is necessary.
3. Technical knowledge of cardiac catheterization procedures including knowledge of cardiovascular anatomy and disease, arrhythmia identification and cardiac pharmacology. Must be able to discriminate electrocardiographic and hemodynamic components as well as catheter location on oscilloscopes and monitors.
4. Manual dexterity and visual acuity to accurately assist during procedures and to advise physician and nursing staff of patient status.
5. Current knowledge of CPR, ACLS and sterile technique.
6. Requirement to be competent by assigned physician proctor for vascular sheath insertion and closure device deployment within 6 months of hire
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Infection Preventionist Days FT Job ID: 2205022650 Date posted: 06/16/2022 Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
- Cardiac Sonographer Days PT Job ID: 2105046031 Date posted: 06/13/2022 Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
- Medical Office Assistant Pain Management Clinic Commerce Township Days PT Job ID: 2105040659 Date posted: 06/14/2022 Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet