Search Open Positions
Cardiac Sonographer Days Contingent
DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital in Oakland County is committed to outstanding customer service and medical care. This hospital features the Harris Birthing Center with all private birthing suites, the Charach Cancer Treatment Center (affiliated with the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Center), cardiac services, and comprehensive inpatient and outpatient diagnostic care. For emergency services, obstetrics and ambulatory surgery, Huron Valley-Sinai consistently ranks among the top hospitals in the nation.
Under general supervision, performs non-invasive cardiovascular diagnostic evaluations including Stress Echo, Dobutamine and 2-D Echo with Doppler and Color Flow; assists with Transesophageal Echocardiograms under supervision of a physician.
- Uses procedural data obtained and impression formed to evaluate Cardiovascular disease both functionally and anatomically.
- Conducts clinical evaluations on patients; analyzes and interprets test results and determines if additional tests are required for diagnostic accuracy. Performs non-invasive cardiovascular diagnostic evaluations for anatomical and functional assessments.
- Performs comprehensive cardiovascular clinical analysis including obtaining patient history, physical examination and auscultation.
- Performs qualitative and quantitative real-time 2-D Echocardiograms with Doppler and Color Flow, Stress Echos, Dobutamine, and assists with Transesophageal Echocardiograms.
- Performs quantitative and qualitative analysis and interpretation of all graphic and video recordings obtained.
- Determines whether additional procedures are necessary based on clinical analysis performed.
- Selects and performs appropriate procedure(s) and is responsible for integrating clinical findings and testing results into an overall diagnostic impression.
- Assist subordinate technical personnel as necessary (i.e. assistant with clinical impressions and review of diagnostic findings as necessary) and also participates in instruction of post-graduate medical trainees in laboratory methods, procedures analysis, and interpretive findings.
- Discusses clinical and diagnostic findings with medical staff and may occasionally communicate findings to attending and/or referring physicians.
- Operates and maintains testing equipment, instruments and supplies consistent with established standards.
- Performs minor maintenance and repair of laboratory equipment. Inputs preliminary report information into hospital computer system after physicians initial dictation. Bills inpatient and outpatient patients for appropriate test or procedure.
- May schedule inpatient for appropriate testing procedures.
- May assist in determining priorities for testing service based on analysis of referred clinical information.
- Participates in Quality Improvement program.
- Maintains professional knowledge base through conference attendance and/or professional organizations.
1. Associates degree in cardiovascular or applied sciences, or equivalent, in order to be familiar with the anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular system and to comprehend theoretical and conceptual bases of related testing procedures.
2. Six months experience in Echocardiography, Phonocardiography or equivalent related experience preferred.
3. Registered or registry-eligible as a Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) from American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or a Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI). ARDMS is preferred. Registry-eligible candidates must be registered as a RDCS or RCS within 12 months of hire.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- CT Scan Technologist Commerce Township Nights PT Up to $12,000 Sign on Bonus Job ID: 2105043539 Date posted: 09/17/2022 Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
- MRI Technologist Rotating Shift FT Up to $15,000 Sign on Job ID: 2205034483 Date posted: 09/14/2022 Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
- MRI Technologist Rotating Shift Contingent Job ID: 2205034484 Date posted: 09/14/2022 Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet