Search Open Positions
Certified Surgical Assistant Rotating Shift Contingent
DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital in Oakland County is committed to outstanding customer service and medical care. This hospital features the Harris Birthing Center with all private birthing suites, the Charach Cancer Treatment Center (affiliated with the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Center), cardiac services, and comprehensive inpatient and outpatient diagnostic care. For emergency services, obstetrics and ambulatory surgery, Huron Valley-Sinai consistently ranks among the top hospitals in the nation.
Under the supervision of a physician, assists as a first or second assistant on major or minor operations. The role encompasses leadership, partnership, collaboration, and integration of services throughout the department of surgery. The Certified Surgical Assistant (CSA) demonstrates and maintains a level of surgical competence and proficiency. Informs Nursing staff and Physician Assistants about surgical techniques and surgical care.
1. Reviews cases assigned; performs as first or second assistant to the attending surgeon on major or minor operations, including but not limited to positioning the patient for procedures, placement of tourniquets, supports, and devices, preparing surgical site, draping the patient maintaining a sterile field, inserting necessary tubes, drains, catheters, packing, and ortho devices.
2. Prepares, selects and assembles necessary surgical equipment and supplies as dictated by surgical procedure and the proposed surgical care plan.
3. Attends department meetings and participates in perioperative education programs as appropriate.
4. Maintains and/or enhances professional expertise through appropriate educational and organizational activities.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned.
6. Currently hours scheduled to work are Monday -Friday
1. Graduation from a certified surgical assistant program approved by the Committee on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs (CAAHEP) or the National Surgical Assistant Association (NSAA). Bachelor's degree in science, Nursing or a directly related field, preferred.
2. Certification as a Certified Surgical Assistant (CSA).
3. Two to three years of experience in surgery.
4. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
1. Manual dexterity and mechanical ability to assist surgeon in complex surgical techniques.
2. Physical stamina for prolonged standing, walking, and lifting.
3. Analytical ability necessary to monitor and deliver appropriate response to changes in patient condition, to monitor data lab reports, x-rays, physical findings, etc. and, in consultation with the attending physician, develop treatment plans.
Interpersonal skills necessary for eliciting medical and psychosocial history, instructing patients and families, and maintaining productive relationships with medical and Nursing staff.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Infection Preventionist Days FT Job ID: 2205022650 Date posted: 06/16/2022 Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
- Cardiac Sonographer Days PT Job ID: 2105046031 Date posted: 06/13/2022 Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
- Medical Office Assistant Pain Management Clinic Commerce Township Days PT Job ID: 2105040659 Date posted: 06/14/2022 Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet