Search Open Positions
Cook Commerce Rotating Shift PT
This role is part-time (approximately 20 hours per weeek) SHIFT: 6:00AM-8:00PM
DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital in Oakland County is committed to outstanding customer service and medical care. This hospital features the Harris Birthing Center with all private birthing suites, the Charach Cancer Treatment Center (affiliated with the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Center), cardiac services, and comprehensive inpatient and outpatient diagnostic care. For emergency services, obstetrics and ambulatory surgery, Huron Valley-Sinai consistently ranks among the top hospitals in the nation.
Under limited supervision, prepares or is responsible for all hot foods requiring on-premises preparation for cafeteria, and special events. Assists with daily clean-up, washes pans and performs routine monthly and weekly cleaning of assigned areas.
1. Prepares hot food items as indicated on daily production sheet in amounts needed, according to standardized recipes and safe food handling practices. Utilizes kitchen equipment such as convention ovens, slicers and steam kettles.
2. Clean and sanitizes assigned work area.
3. Cleans and maintains small and large kitchen equipment.
4. Follows up on proper storage and refrigeration of food.
5. Assists in food production planning.
6. Provides back-up services to the patient tray line and cafeteria throughout the day when needed. This may include set-up or serving in cafeteria and tray assembly.
7. Participates in in-service programs as planned by Nutrition Services Department.
8. Complies with and/or implements the "We Care" program philosophy as well as all Hospital, health, human relations, safety, Personnel and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines and meets all licensing and accreditation requirements.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent level of knowledge gained through education and/or experience. Vocational training in Culinary Arts preferred.
2. Six months of prior institutional or catering business cooking experience, or two years of experience in quantity food preparation.
1. Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations, make recipe extensions, follow standardized recipes, understand portion control and evaluate prepared food according to criteria set by Nutrition Services Department.
2. Communications kills to speak and write effectively.
3. Interpersonal skills to direct other Nutrition Services workers when necessary.
4. Knowledge of operation and maintenance of food production equipment in the kitchen.
5. Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds.
6. Quantity food production skills.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Food Services Aide Commerce Rotating Shift PT Job ID: 2105015933 Date posted: 09/10/2022 Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
- Food Services Aide Commerce Township Rotating Shift PT Job ID: 2105039798 Date posted: 07/09/2022 Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
- Food Services Aide Commerce Rotating Shift PT Job ID: 2105021302 Date posted: 07/09/2022 Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet