Search Open Positions
Diabetic Educator Days FT
DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital in Oakland County is committed to outstanding customer service and medical care. This hospital features the Harris Birthing Center with all private birthing suites, the Charach Cancer Treatment Center (affiliated with the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Center), cardiac services, and comprehensive inpatient and outpatient diagnostic care. For emergency services, obstetrics and ambulatory surgery, Huron Valley-Sinai consistently ranks among the top hospitals in the nation.
Under general supervision, plans and renders professional care to meet the physical and psychophysical needs of patients in a physician office and hospital out-patient clinic setting. Works closely with other professional and auxiliary personnel providing personal comprehensive out-patient care.
1. Assists nursing staff with patient care when necessary (i.e. performs tests and procedures, handles patient calls, etc.).
2. Assesses the condition and needs of diabetic patient by observing patient signs and symptoms, reactions to treatment and medication and patient progress.
3. Explains and instructs diabetics concerning disease process, plan of care, administration of insulin, meal plan, etc.
4. Provides Diabetic Education through both individual and group sessions.
5. Administers medications as directed. 6. Makes referrals to community agencies, durable medical companies or physicians as needed.
7. Communicates effectively with clients and physicians regarding treatment plans and referrals.
8. Actively participates on nursing committees and research projects and implementation of improved methods of patient care.
9. Maintains current knowledge in fields by attending classes or seminars.
10. Performs workshops and in-services for medical staff as needed.
11. Maintains proficiency in CPR and assists as needed in CPR or other emergencies.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Graduate of accredited school of nursing. Current license to practice professional nursing by the State of Michigan. Previous experience with diabetic teaching. Certification in Diabetic Education preferred. Or
2. Bachelors degree in Dietetics with completion of registration through the American Dietetic Association. Two years of diabetic teaching with Certification in Diabetes Education
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Health Information Technician III PT Days Job ID: 2406000614-0 Date posted: 02/20/2024 Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
- Security Officer I PT Days Job ID: 2406000159-1 Date posted: 01/12/2024 Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
- Patient Sitter Nights FT Job ID: 2305003255-3 Date posted: 02/08/2024 Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet