Search Open Positions
Infection Preventionist Days FT
DMC Harper University Hospital has distinguished itself in surgery and medicine and is known for its clinical expertise and innovative research. A specialty referral hospital, Harper has established Centers of Excellence in neurosciences, bariatric surgery, vascular services, multidisciplinary cardiovascular services, hypertension, stroke prevention and heart failure.
Under functional guidance of the Epidemiology Manager, participates in the development, education and maintenance of the DMC Infection Prevention and Hospital Epidemiology programs.
• Responsibilities include surveillance utilizing epidemiological principles, infection prevention and control, and quality improvement in an effort to ensure high quality cost-effective health care and prevention of healthcare associated infections.
• Distributes findings from surveillance and other activities, policies/procedures, and regulatory guidelines and makes recommendations to appropriate individuals, committees, departments and units.
• Monitors appropriate implementation of isolation protocol and communicates with staff as appropriate.
• Assists with outbreak investigations in collaboration with the Epidemiology Manager and Corporate Director, Epidemiology; participates in the analysis for deviation from baseline standards.
• Acts as a hospital liaison with state and local health departments and other health care facilities by reporting and investigating communicable diseases.
• Collaborates with Occupational Health in exposure investigations and work restrictions. Consults with all departments on infection control issues and conducts education to staff as required to facilitate improved practice for patient safety.
• Specific education includes, but is not limited to, orientation to infection prevention and control, aseptic technique, standard and transmission based precautions, immunization, sharps injury prevention, hand hygiene, and equipment and environmental cleaning/disinfection/sterilization.
• Represents Epidemiology on related committees as assigned and acts as a resource for a safe environment including recommendations to problems impacting the safety of the Environment of Care for patients, personnel and visitors.
• Initiates continuous improvement programs related to infection prevention and control with respective physicians and healthcare workers as appropriate.
1. Bachelors degree in Nursing or related field (i.e. Microbiology, Public Health) with knowledge of microbiology, infectious diseases and medical terminology, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. One year of Infection Prevention and Control experience preferred.
3. Registered Nurse experience preferred.
4. Certification in Infection Control and memberships in the Michigan Society of Infection Prevention and Control and the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology preferred.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Laboratory Assistant Days FT Job ID: 2205028666 Date posted: 08/01/2022 Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
- Telemetry Technician Days Contingent PT Job ID: 2205026632 Date posted: 07/28/2022 Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
- Certified Medical Assistant Job ID: 2105035877 Date posted: 06/30/2022 Facility: DMC Medical Group
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet