Search Open Positions
Medical Technologist I General Laboratory Nights FT
**Up to $15,000 Sign on Bonus, based on amount of relevant experience**
DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital in Oakland County is committed to outstanding customer service and medical care. This hospital features the Harris Birthing Center with all private birthing suites, the Charach Cancer Treatment Center (affiliated with the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Center), cardiac services, and comprehensive inpatient and outpatient diagnostic care. For emergency services, obstetrics and ambulatory surgery, Huron Valley-Sinai consistently ranks among the top hospitals in the nation.
Generalist position rotating through all areas of the Laboratory including Blood Bank, Chemistry, Hematology, etc.
Under general supervision, performs quantitative and qualitative laboratory test on patient specimens according to standard laboratory formulas and procedures.
• Analyzes test results and prepares samples for testing.
• Calculates test findings and maintains records.
• Prepares and determines validity of solutions, reagents, media stains and various materials in the testing process.
Processes and tests all types of laboratory specimens; reviews and reports lab results; performs operational duties, maintenance and advanced troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation and equipment; acts as resource to other laboratory personnel.
• Bachelor's Degree from an approved college or university and/or graduate of an accredited school of medical technology, or equivalent such as military training as defined by 42 CFR 493.1489, or have qualified at the Medical Technologist level by achieving a satisfactory grade on a HHS examination prior to 2/28/92 42 CFR 493.1491. The above meets required criteria as defined by CLIA regulations for High Complexity testing (42 CFR 493.1489 and 42 CFR 493.1491).
• Prefer 6 months to 1 year medical laboratory technologist, clinical laboratory scientist experience in acute care facility.
• Required: Registered or registry eligible in accordance with an approved certifying agency (ASCP, NCA, AMT or CSMLS within 12 months of hire). Equivalency evaluation by ECE ,NACES or AICE for non-US trained personnel must be completed within 30 days of hire. Licensure, as required by State.
1. Analytical ability to interpret and analyze test results.
2. Interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with all areas of physician office.
3. Manual dexterity and visual acuity to operate various types of laboratory equipment.
4. Visual acuity to closely examine specimens.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Infection Preventionist Days FT Job ID: 2205022650 Date posted: 06/16/2022 Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
- Cardiac Sonographer Days PT Job ID: 2105046031 Date posted: 06/13/2022 Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
- Medical Office Assistant Pain Management Clinic Commerce Township Days PT Job ID: 2105040659 Date posted: 06/14/2022 Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet