Search Open Positions
Patient Access Representative II Days FT
DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital in Oakland County is committed to outstanding customer service and medical care. This hospital features the Harris Birthing Center with all private birthing suites, the Charach Cancer Treatment Center (affiliated with the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Center), cardiac services, and comprehensive inpatient and outpatient diagnostic care. For emergency services, obstetrics and ambulatory surgery, Huron Valley-Sinai consistently ranks among the top hospitals in the nation.
Under limited supervision functions as a resource to Patient Access Representative I. Provides training and orientation on department methods, procedures and policies.
• Provides input for establishing departmental policies and procedures.
• In conjunction with Lead, resolves complex eligibility or insurance verification problems through contacts with patient or patient family, state or government agencies, other hospital departments and third party payers.
• Assists Financial Counselor with financial counseling services to help patients in identifying and obtaining payment sources.
• Resolves complex and/or sensitive issues and recommends appropriate actions. Participates in bed management as defined in operating unit policies and procedures.
• Verifies insurance coverage and benefits, obtains and analyzes necessary authorizations and referrals, and calculates estimated patient liability.
• Reviews, monitors, and reconciles patient accounts to ensure accurate bill production. Ensures compliance with third party payer requirements.
• Registers and schedules patients for health services ensuring appropriateness of setting for services provided.
• Explains appropriate forms to patient and family and ensures that necessary consent, regulatory forms, and MSP questionnaire (if applicable) are completed correctly and that patient signatures are obtained.
• Obtains accurate insurance, medical and demographic data to admit or pre-admit patients to the health facility.
• Verifies insurance coverage and benefit levels with various third party payers and analyzes authorization and referrals, calculates estimated patient liability.
• Determines patient co-pay/deductibles and collects payment as outlined in hospital policies.
• Assists patients without medical insurance coverage in completing medical assistance applications and/or making payment arrangement and cash collections.
• Coordinates scheduling of all tests and/or services utilizing current clinical guidelines.
• Develops liaison relationship between patient and health facility by answering patients questions regarding health facility policies and billing procedures and by obtaining necessary information to efficiently register and accurately bill for services rendered.
• Assists patients in completing necessary forms and obtains patient signature as needed.
• Collects referrals and authorizations; attempts to secure telephone referral if necessary.
• Completes telephone registrations as appropriate.
• Resolves bill holds in a timely manner to ensure completion within 5-day bill hold reconciles and corrects any rejected transactions on user specific Transmission, Control and Errors (TCE) reports.
• Assist and participates in special projects as assigned.
• Communicates clinical, financial, and administrative information.
• Performs duties of Lead as requested. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma, associate degree in related area desired.
2. Two to three years of progressively more responsible experience in patient access, hospital registration or related area.
3. Advanced knowledge of third party payers requirements, reimbursements and copayments/deductible collections etc.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Stock Control Clerk Rotating Shift FT Job ID: 2205004560 Date posted: 11/23/2022 Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
- Clinical Coordinator Cardiac Days FT Job ID: 2205001812 Date posted: 11/03/2022 Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
- Stock Control Clerk Rotating Shift Contingent Job ID: 2205037335 Date posted: 10/25/2022 Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet