Search Open Positions
Patient Care Associate Stepdown ICU Days PT
DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital in Oakland County is committed to outstanding customer service and medical care. This hospital features the Harris Birthing Center with all private birthing suites, the Charach Cancer Treatment Center (affiliated with the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Center), cardiac services, and comprehensive inpatient and outpatient diagnostic care. For emergency services, obstetrics and ambulatory surgery, Huron Valley-Sinai consistently ranks among the top hospitals in the nation.
The Patient Care Associate (PCA) is a member of the patient care services team with primary responsibilities for technical, multi-skilled direct and indirect patient care activities. The PCA is assigned to work under the supervision of a registered nurse who delegates tasks based upon patient needs and PCA skills and abilities. The PCA will report all deviations from expected patient parameters to the registered nurse.
1. Collaborates and cooperates with care team members to ensure consistency and quality of care and promotes productive employee relations among staff members. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to the philosophy and objective of continuous improvement, team work and the mission, vision and values of the DMC.*
2.Performs a variety of basic patient care activities under the direction of a registered nurse. Reports changes in patient medical and/or emotional condition to the registered nurse. Assists nursing personnel in responding to various emergency patient situations.*
3. Assists patient in activities of daily living by feeding, bathing, toileting and other personal hygiene regimes.*
4. Follows all departmental policies, procedures and objectives; continuous improvement initiatives; safety environmental and infection control standards. *
5. Demonstrates sensitivity to patient comfort and privacy and expresses interest in patient progress. Answers questions from patients and their families and explains procedures and processes within the scope of their training/abilities. Maintains confidentiality. *
6. As required by unit needs, performs general clerical duties which may include, but are not limited to, answering telephones and call lights, greeting patients and visitors.*
7. Enhances personal growth through participation in workshops, educational programs, in-service meetings and reviewing current literature. Shares joint accountability (with the institution) for maintaining competencies. *
8. Performs other tasks as assigned (see task list).*
* The essential functions of this job include but are not limited to those marked with an asterisk.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Graduation from a school of practical nursing OR
3. Completion of one of the following:
a. A Certified PCA/PCT Program.
b. A Certified Nurse Assistant Program or equivalent training.
c. A Medical Assistant Program.
d. An EMT program. e. A phlebotomy training program. With six (6) months direct patient care experience, preferred.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet