Search Open Positions
Registered Respiratory Therapist Nights Part Time
DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital in Oakland County is committed to outstanding customer service and medical care. This hospital features the Harris Birthing Center with all private birthing suites, the Charach Cancer Treatment Center (affiliated with the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Center), cardiac services, and comprehensive inpatient and outpatient diagnostic care. For emergency services, obstetrics and ambulatory surgery, Huron Valley-Sinai consistently ranks among the top hospitals in the nation.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, acts as a professional member of the health care team by providing respiratory therapy services throughout the continuum of care.
- Provides therapeutic and rehabilitative procedures and diagnostic tests for patients with, or at risk of, abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system.
- Collaborates with physicians, nurses and other members of the health care team to develop optimal cardiopulmonary care plans for patients.
- Performs patient assessments, evaluates the appropriateness and effectiveness of therapy, and determines which respiratory care activities can be delegated to other care team members.
- Instructs employees and students in the principles and practices of designated respiratory care procedures/tasks and evaluates their competence.
- May function as an in-charge therapist and preceptor, as requested.
1. Graduation from an AMA/CoARC approved Respiratory Care program. Associates degree in Science, Allied Health or equivalent, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Registration (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
3. BCLS certification required. ACLS certification preferred.
4. Licensure to practice as a Respiratory Therapist in the State of Michigan.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet