Search Open Positions
Stock Control Clerk Rotating Shift FT
DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital in Oakland County is committed to outstanding customer service and medical care. This hospital features the Harris Birthing Center with all private birthing suites, the Charach Cancer Treatment Center (affiliated with the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Center), cardiac services, and comprehensive inpatient and outpatient diagnostic care. For emergency services, obstetrics and ambulatory surgery, Huron Valley-Sinai consistently ranks among the top hospitals in the nation.
Under general supervision, is responsible for maintaining appropriate par levels of supplies and linen within hospital patient care areas. Conducts counts and creates supply / linen orders, picks orders, processes department charges, delivers and restocks clean utility and linen rooms. Makes recommendations for par level adjustments, resolves department problems, demonstrates excellent customer service and retrieves soiled linen carts as assigned. Responsible for the system receipt and delivery of inbound special orders; as well as processing of outbound shipments. Makes proper use of Lawson software relating to inquiry; research and processing functions. Ensures security of supply storage areas; maintains cleanliness and organization of main storeroom, receiving areas, linen rooms and clean utility rooms. Provides coverage for Linen and Mailroom responsibilities. Performs other duties as required/assigned.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for maintaining appropriate par levels of supplies and linens within the hospital patient care areas.
2. Reports needed adjustments to supply par levels to management.
3. Reports problems with supplies, linen or distribution to management.
4. Generates documentation of supplies pulled and issued.
5. Inventories departmental supply and linen areas, pulls necessary supplies from stores and replenishes units.
6. Retrieves soiled linen carts as assigned.
7. Maintains cleanliness in storeroom, receiving area, linen rooms and clean utility rooms. 8. Makes proper use of Lawson software relating to inquiry, research and processing functions.
9. Ensures security of supply storage areas maintains cleanliness and organization of main storeroom, receiving areas, linen rooms and clean utility rooms.
10. Provides coverage for Linen and Mailroom responsibilities. Performs other duties as required/assigned.
11. Operates hand-held computer with inventory management.
12. Complies with all customer service and process improvement philosophies. Understands and follows all hospital, health, human relations, federal, state and local safety, personnel and departmental policies, procedures, laws and guidelines.
1. High school diploma.
2. Three to six months on the job training. [BRASSRING IMPORT 11/14/16]
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet