Search Open Positions
Supervisor Respiratory Care Commerce Township Days FT
DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital in Oakland County is committed to outstanding customer service and medical care. This hospital features the Harris Birthing Center with all private birthing suites, the Charach Cancer Treatment Center (affiliated with the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Center), cardiac services, and comprehensive inpatient and outpatient diagnostic care. For emergency services, obstetrics and ambulatory surgery, Huron Valley-Sinai consistently ranks among the top hospitals in the nation.?
Under general direction of the leadership of Respiratory Care, supervises the personnel and operational activities of assigned shift. Monitors and participates in activities to ensure conformance with prescribed level of patient care, policies, procedures and standards. Performs the duties of staff when required because of staffing or other emergency situations. Participates in interviews and provides input into the hiring, orientation, training, counseling, evaluation and discipline of subordinates. Schedules, assigns work to and oversees the work or subordinates. Determines priorities of patient care in situations of staff shortages or heavy work load. Makes regular rounds of hospital ensuring proper administration of respiratory therapy, correct set up and function of equipment. Provides resource assistance, monitors charting and ensures emergency carts are prepared. Makes recommendation regarding changes in departmental policies and procedures. Communicates approved policies and procedures to subordinates and enforces them to ensure efficient and effective respiratory therapy service. Confers with physicians, nurses and other members of the patient care team regarding difficult or unusual cases or general problems related to respiratory care. Responds to emergency calls and participates in resuscitation, as necessary. Ensures required records are completed. May assist in providing in-service instruction in respiratory therapy techniques and in the proper use of related equipment. May provide clinical instruction to respiratory therapy students. Monitors activities for and ensures compliance with laws, government regulations, JCAHO requirements and DMC policies. As directed, implements external and internal audit recommendations. Ensures hospital departments achieve objectives for diversity of their suppliers.
1. Graduation from an AMA/CoARC approved Respiratory Care program. Associates degree in Science, Allied Health or equivalent, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. One year progressively more responsible experience in Respiratory Care, such as In-Charge, Sr Therapist, Lead Therapist, and so forth; three years preferred.
3. Registration (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
4. BCLS certification required. ACLS certification preferred. 5. Licensure to practice as a Respiratory Therapist in the State of Michigan.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Registered Respiratory Therapist Commerce Township Nights PT Job ID: 2105031654 Date posted: 08/27/2021 Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
- Registered Respiratory Therapist Commerce Township Nights FT Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital Job ID: 2105027769 Date posted: 09/16/2021 Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
- Registered Respiratory Therapist Commerce Township Nights PT Job ID: 2105038698 Date posted: 10/09/2021 Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet