PHLEBOTOMIST PER DIEM ROTATING
- Job ID 1905002506
- Date posted 01/19/2019
- Facility Coral Gables Hospital
Responsible for the collections of blood specimens ensuring patient safety and consistency with age-specific considerations for all patients, neonates, infants, adolescents, adults and geriatrics, as well as employees.
Performs clerical functions, processing duties, and training of students and employees.
Completes established competencies for the position within designated introductory period.
Other related duties as assigned.
- Performs venous and capillary phlebotomy and ensures specimen integrity
- Maintains specimen integrity and follows proper labeling protocols
- Processes specimens
- Performs clerical functions
- Assists in stocking and maintaining laboratory supply inventory
High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience as a phlebotomist in a physician office or hospital setting preferred.
- Ability to perform venous punctures, skin punctures, and finger sticks.
- Ability to work with computers.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Phlebotomy Certification a must.
- Phlebotomy Registry preferred.
- Current BLS Certification
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.