Search Open Positions
HIM Senior Specialist Mon - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities, and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
This position is responsible for providing HIM support in maintaining the Department’s paper and electronic health record system. The HIM Specialist Sr will have an understanding of privacy and security guidelines related to patient information and maintain HIPAA as well as keep all patient information confidential. The key duties of this position rely heavily on the ability to learn, and navigate efficiently within, an electronic health record. The incumbent must be able to communicate both orally and in writing clearly and effectively in the English language; able to work in a fast-paced environment; and develop sound professional working relationships. This position is responsible for advanced functions within the Health Information Management Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Document Imaging (Pages/Hour)
- Quality Review/Validation/Indexing
- HIM Spec Sr will be responsible for function(s) (as assigned by HIM Leadership to include not limited to, prepping, scanning and/or QX/Indexing) within Document Imaging to ensure records are prepped, scanned and QC/Indexed into the Document Management Solution/EMR in a timely manner.
- For paper-based sites scanning and uploading medical records into a document management application (i.e. VitalChart ChartFlow (formerly EvriChart)) for remote coding access, include data related to prepping records to scan.
- Document Chart Analysis (Records/Hr by patient type): Analyze medical records for completion; assign and reassign provider deficiencies as needed in accordance with regulatory guidelines and in compliance with facility timely completion policy (as assigned by HIM Leadership)
- Support Missing Documentation and Provider Queries as needed
- Complete birth and or death certificate in accordance with state law including contact with mothers and father within facility specific timeframe as needed.
- Chart Pick up (Rounding) and Reconciliation
- Perform Data Integrity duties as assigned (chart correction, dup med rec, etc...)
- Meet Productivity expectations based on job function as applicable (document imaging / document analysis)
- Maintain productivity metrics and time for productivity monitoring.
- Assist internal and outside agencies with information regarding patient records ensuring request are prioritized appropriately as needed
- Answer phones, process continuity of care requests, record retrieval, record filing (as assigned by HIM Leadership)
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- PC Skills - demonstrates proficiency in keyboard operations, Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Customer Orientation - establishes and maintains long term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Privacy and Security – demonstrates an understanding of the importance of providing privacy and security of all patient information
- Vital Statistics – birth certificate and paternity acknowledgement
- Organization - establishing courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently; proactively prioritizes assignments and keen ability to multi-task
- Quality Orientation - accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time
- Work Independently - is self-supporting; not needing to rely on others to complete a job.
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
- Minimum: High School diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Two (2) years’ experience in a hospital Health Information Management Department
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Preferred: RHIT or RHIA Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to efficiently use computer keyboard and mouse to perform coding assignments
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pleasant inside environment
- Light physical effort
- Intense mental concentration stress
- Subject to exposure to infectious conditions and minor hazards such as muscle sprains, cuts, and bruises
- The ideal candidate will have previous Health Information Management experience
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet