Cash Accountant - North Dallas
- Job ID 1805045565
- Date posted 12/04/2018
- Facility Tenet Physician Resources
- Complete accurate and supported reconciliations for cash accounts in a timely manner
- Prepare journal entries to record monthly activity, including cash, revenue, fees, liabilities, chargeback, transfers and adjustments
- Access online reports from various computerized systems to prepare daily/monthly cash balance reports.
- Communicate daily with CBO and Physician Practice staff to obtain documentation for daily cash receipts.
- Work with CBO and Physician Practice staff to identify and address any discrepancies or issues to resolve before month-end close.
- Assist both internal and external auditors as necessary
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (or work experience)
- 2 -3 years’ experience in cash / bank reconciliation
- 1 -2 years working with healthcare revenue
- High level of analytical skills and proficiency with Excel, including expertise in pivot tables and vlookup
- Experience managing large, complex datasets
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within particular field.
- Capacity to review, identify, and implement improvement opportunities where new processes, technologies, or efficiencies can be applied.
- Comprehensive conceptual problem solving and analytical skills utilizing complex spreadsheets, comparison tools, and other evaluation systems as needed.
- Strong investigative skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Independently organize work plan for assigned projects with team structure and develop constructive working relationships with others.
- Skilled in oral and written communications with a diverse level of participant knowledge and ability.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.