ClinPort Clinical Content Analyst, Nursing (Remote based in the US)
Under the supervision of the Manager of Clinical Portfolio (ClinPort) Nursing Standards, ClinPort Clinical Content Analyst provides process and system expertise to promote adoption of electronic clinical documentation that supports evidence based and Tenet best practice through the design and implementation of standardized clinical documentation. This role encompasses clinical documentation analysis, design, standardization, gap analysis, and content development that support workflow processes and information needs. This role may include the performance of current state assessments, meeting planning, and facilitation of meetings to define documentation standards to be implemented across the Tenet organization.
The ClinPort Clinical Content Analyst will work to advance the standards for electronic health records; facilitate collaboration with ancillary departments, medication integration, and physician and nursing standards teams; plan and facilitate Joint Application Design Sessions; assist in the development of test scripts and testing of the Build; assist in the deployment of communication plans, and assist in the development and execution of training and education plans.
Description of Responsibilities:
- The ClinPort Clinical Content Analyst is responsible for the gathering and analysis of methods and procedures, providing design recommendations, operational instructions and computer program specifications, as well as build, testing and validation. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating workplans associated to specific design changes and development
- Correspond with vendor regarding change testing/validation results
- Participate in project meetings and assist with design recommendations with other ClinPort Teams, Clinical Operations, and Vendors
- Provide input into Tenet’s overall clinical documentation strategy
- Develop collaborative relationships and networks within facility stakeholders to support complementary initiatives that can advance Tenet’s overall strategy
- Create, maintain and provide educational offerings designed to inform Tenet staff regarding content changes or new standards
- Acts as liaison with vendors and attends vendor training as necessary
- In-person support for key on-site events
- Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare, computer science or other field/work experience may substitute for minimum education requirement
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all essential duties satisfactorily. The list below is representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability necessary to succeed in this role.
- 2+ years clinical experience utilizing Cerner functionality i.e. FirstNet, Millennium, PowerChart Maternity
- Backend build experience with Oracle Cerner Clinical Documentation. Extensive knowledge of build tools and processes. Preferably build experience with large complex health system
- Knowledge of charge capture, charging tiers and charge capture processing.
- Ability to create and edit technical design documents/workplans
- Effective leadership skills and strong customer service orientation
- Proven ability to communicate and understand needs of clinicians
- Communication with various Tenet application personnel to vet requests and gather all pertinent information related to incoming requests. Knowledge of standard EMR workflows and use of Cerner Millennium is required.
- Advanced critical thinking skills to resolve simple to complex problems
- Superior organizational, facilitation, change management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to mesh well with the existing management team by being a good listener, a team builder and an articulate advocate of the applied clinical Informatics vision
- Must be able to work independently within identified guidelines
- Ability to function in a high stress environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Must be dependable and exhibit professionalism with high integrity
- Has the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form to a widely diverse audience ranging from unskilled personnel to highly trained and experienced professionals
- Strong vendor management skills necessary in order to ensure that Cerner provides deliverables in a timely and accurate manner. Validation of Cerner build will be required
- Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, Teams and SharePoint
- 2+ years clinical experience in Nursing
- Solution knowledge of Cerner Applications: FirstNet, PowerChart Maternity, Long Term Care (LTC), Behavioral Health and/or Rehab
- Degree in Nursing or related healthcare field
- Healthcare IT experience a plus
***~25% travel, a motor vehicle report (MVR) will be conducted on finalist***
- Pay: $103,584 - $165,568 annually. Compensation depends on location, qualifications, and experience.
- Management level positions may be eligible for sign-on and relocation bonuses.
The following benefits are available, subject to employment status:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, life, AD&D and business travel insurance
- Paid time off (vacation & sick leave)
- Discretionary 401k with up to 6% employer match
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Health savings accounts, healthcare & dependent flexible spending accounts
- Employee Assistance program, Employee discount program
- Voluntary benefits include pet insurance, legal insurance, accident and critical illness insurance, long term care, elder & childcare, auto & home insurance.
- For Colorado employees, paid leave in accordance with Colorado’s Healthy Families and Workplaces Act is available.
Tenet Healthcare/USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.2403001722
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities