Search Open Positions
Coding Analyst - Hybrid
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Support and provide coding and compliance training to clinical personnel, billing, and/or other client staff. Establish effective communication with clinical staff, and/or hospital staff to address documentation, coding, and reimbursement issues. Use knowledge of coding and compliance guidelines to identify potential billing / reimbursement issues. Participate in special audits and system administration as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Performs diagnosis data submissions to Client, Vendors and internal Stakeholders
- Develop monthly productivity and revenue projections
- Responsible for chart assignment oversight and monitoring accounts on hold
- Prepares data collection reports for leadership
- Monitors diagnosis submission progress; Audit diagnosis submission files to ensure accuracy
- Reviews, analyzes and oversight of prebill/post bill reviews and pending accounts
- Works to resolve workflow, systems and complex matters related to coding
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in inpatient and/or outpatient diagnosis and procedure coding guidelines
- Proficient in CPT/HCPCS code assignment including Evaluation & Management facility coding guidelines
- Knowledge of MS-DRG, APR DRG and CPT classification and reimbursement structures
- Proficient at writing AHIMA complaint physician queries
- Adept at comparing documentation, code assignment and charge in the financial system for accuracy and completeness
- Functional knowledge of facility EMR, encoder, CDI tool and other support software
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Required: Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience performing medical record coding in acute care setting
- Required: High school graduate or equivalent is required
- Preferred: Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information, Nursing, or other related field, or formal coding classes completed and passed
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Required: AHIMA Credentials, and or AAPC
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Work Environment
- Works in a private office space in the coder’s home per conifer Telecommuter Policy as defined in the Telecommuting Program Guide
- Must be able to travel nationally as needed, not to exceed 10%
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Provider Practice Manager - Hybrid Job ID: 2305018513 Date posted: 03/23/2023 Facility: Conifer Value
- Provider Practice Manager - Hybrid Job ID: 2305008037 Date posted: 03/16/2023 Facility: Conifer Value
- Coding Analyst Hybrid / Encino, Los Angeles (on-site) Job ID: 2105015016 Date posted: 04/26/2021 Facility: Conifer Value
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet