Compliance Investigations Officer (privacy)
- Job ID 2105011668
- Date posted 04/05/2021
- Facility Corporate
This position will be responsible for investigating privacy related allegations reported through the Ethics Action Line, Compliance Officer, Corporate Privacy Office, Law Department and/or any other source. This position will be responsible for leading the investigation to include interviews, standardizing the resolution plan, remediation, and root cause analysis. This position will collaborate with the Compliance Officer, Facility Leadership, Corporate Privacy Office and Human Resources to recommend corrective/disciplinary action resulting from the investigation. This position will be responsible for conducting a close-out meeting with the responsible department lead and closing the loop with those involved in the investigation to include the complainant and interviewees. This position will be responsible maintaining compliance with documentation requirements within Compliance 360. This position will provide reports for quarterly compliance committee meetings on investigation activity.
The potential impact of mishandling these inquiries/investigations is significant in terms of the reputation of the Company and how individuals may be affected, with litigation and regulatory engagement being a possibility in some situations.
This position will serve to the advance the effectiveness of Tenet’s Ethics and Compliance Program by providing professional support to the department’s senior leadership.
This position will work in a fast pace environment while maintaining the highest level of program integrity.
Minimum Professional Qualifications:
- Demonstrated knowledge of privacy and security compliance as well as Federal healthcare program requirements.
- Other success factors include investigation, clinical, legal, auditing or other compliance experience.
- Clear, concise and persuasive writing and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills, orientation to deadlines, attention to detail and ability to respond under pressure.
- Experience using information systems, databases, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Communication, presentation and consensus building skills.
Minimum Personal Characteristics:
- An energetic and results-oriented leader who inspires confidence.
- A leader with high personal and professional integrity.
- A leader sensitive to reported concerns with the ability to appropriately balance the resolution.
- A leader with ability to effectively articulate and credibly communicate in both written and verbal context.
- A decision-maker, coach, monitor and supportive while thorough, well prepared, innovative and creative.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Up to 10% travel.
- 3-5 years experience in healthcare privacy or compliance matters, preferably for a large, multi-faceted healthcare company.
- 5 years investigation experience; preference in healthcare or compliance.
- 5 years hospital experience
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.