Corporate Coding Coordinator
Under general supervision and with aid of Official Coding Guidelines, the Corporate Coding Coordinator codes diagnoses, and procedures of inpatient accounts according to ICD-10-CM/PCS. The Corporate Coding Coordinator, Outpatient is responsible for assisting the Corporate Coding Manager with second level coding reviews and educates coders on correct coding. Assists the coding department with coding questions, reviews, or inquiries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs second level coder reviews on accounts that are sent back from Revint, Iodine, coding audits, and coding/billing editor.
- Provides coders with education and guidance on correct coding based on second level reviews.
- Assists coding manager and coding department with coder questions, coding reviews, and coding inquiries. Codes outpatient accounts when coverage is needed.
- Monitors and assists coding manager with DNFC management to goals.
- Attends Tenet coding educations and maintains coding credentials.
- 3-5 years acute hospital coding experience.
- Skilled and working knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Ability to analyze coding related reports and take action.
- Associates Degree in Health Information Management.
- RHIT or CCS certification.
- 5 plus years’ experience in a large, complex, multi-system acute care hospital organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management.
- RHIA and CCS certification.
A pre-employment coding proficiency assessment will be administered.
Position will support Tenet corporate located in Texas. Tenet Healthcare complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.2305040805
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities