Data Integration Architect (Onsite in Dallas, TX)
The Data Integration Architect will play an influential role in transforming Healthcare delivery through precision analytics. This position will focus on design and development of data solutions that directly influence clinical care delivery, outcomes improvement, regulatory reporting – initiatives that help ensure high quality care, compliance and efficiency.
This role will be part of an exciting team focused on cloud transformation, to modernize analytics platform and improve agility. The role requires hands on experience in building and managing analytics solutions in modern cloud platforms such as Google Big Query or equivalent. We are looking for a high energy individual passionate about data & analytics, willing to learn, evolve and contribute to high impact healthcare solutions.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Establish data architecture strategy, best practices, standards, and roadmap
- Manage project plans and assigned resources, to ensure timely delivery
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand strategic, tactical and operational needs, translate business requirements to technical requirements, and develop appropriate technical specifications
- Develop best practices in design and architecture of data engineering solutions in compliance with Tenet standards
- Monitor and measure data architecture processes and standards to ensure value is being driven and delivered as expected.
- Mentor team members on best practices, efficient implementations and delivering high quality data products
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and methodologies that can be leveraged to reduce cost and drive efficiencies.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet non-functional and functional business requirements
- Initiate and facilitate continuous process improvements including re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, and automating manual processes
- Build required infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources using GCP and SQL technologies
- Work with stakeholders including Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to support their data infrastructure needs while assisting with data-related technical issues
- Design, develop, review, test, and deploy using CICD to facilitate the data warehouse solutions.
- Perform code reviews and assist developers in optimization and troubleshooting.
- Participate in troubleshooting and maintaining existing solutions as required.
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college/university in business related or technology related field or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in developing large scale data engineering, data warehousing, and ETL solutions, using tools such as DataStage.
- 7+ years of experience in information technology
- Must possess excellent analytical skills, ability to perform root cause analysis to identify opportunities for improvement
- Must possess expert level skills in SQL, dimensional modeling, and relational database design/development
- Applicants should also have a demonstrated understanding and experience using software and tools including big data tools like Kafka, Spark; relational SQL databases including Big Query or equivalent; workflow management and pipeline tools such as Airflow, and object function/object-oriented scripting languages including Scala, C++, Java and Python.
- Prior experience with health information systems and/or patient financial service systems preferred
- Development experience with cloud-based modern data warehouses such as Google Big Query or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of electronic health record (EHR) systems like Cerner, Meditech, Epic and understanding of health care system integration is preferred
- Databricks, Data Lakehouse architecture, modern data pipelines experience a plus.
- Building near real-time data pipelines a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills- ability to communicate with all levels of customers, vendors, and IT resources
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Tenet Healthcare complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities