Director, Business Continuity, Disaster Preparedness
- Job ID 1905035747
- Date posted 09/11/2019
- Facility Corporate
The Director of Business Continuity, Disaster Preparedness plans, organizes, implements, monitors and evaluates Tenet s Emergency Management program to provide for the safety and protection of people and property. Provides direction during disaster or emergency situations; interacts with other hospitals and government agencies in coordinating and integrating the response by the Tenet Healthcare System to such disasters or emergency situations and performs related work as required. The Director of Business Continuity, Disaster Preparedness ensures Tenet fulfills its responsibility and requirements by the appropriate government agencies.
- Proactively leads organization in times of crisis, manages & coordinates efforts, communication and activities to ensure safety of customers and employees.
- Directs the management, planning, and implementation of policies, procedures, and standards to support the Tenet Emergency Management program.
- Trains staff on the Hospital Incident Command System, (HICS).
- Remains current of emergency management preparedness methods and best practices, including industry, federal, regional, and local regulations, standards, and guidance governing hospital disaster preparedness and response including trends within the industry.
- Updates and publishes the Tenet System Emergency Management Plan.
- Keeps the Chief Operations Officer(s) and Executive Director, Facilities informed of activities or changes that could affect the likelihood of an emergency, as well as those that could affect response efforts and details of plan implementation.
- Consults and collaborates with Tenet entity leadership to assess, implement procedures and monitor aspect of emergency management plan specific to entity.
- Consults with officials of local area hospitals, governments, and other institutions in order to determine their needs and capabilities in the event of a natural disaster or other emergency.
- Reviews and evaluates existing program, services, policies and procedures; makes recommendation when necessary to facilitate improved outcomes.
- Prepares plans that outline operating procedures to be used in preparedness and response to disasters and emergencies such as tornadoes, nuclear accidents, terrorist attacks, and in recovery from these events.
- Attends meetings, conferences, and workshops related to emergency management in order to learn new information and to develop working relationships with other emergency management personnel.
- Collaborates with other emergency coordinators in order to prepare and analyze damage assessments following disasters or emergencies.
- Coordinates disaster response or crisis management activities such as evacuations, and implementing special programs.
- Coordinates and performs at least two Tenet Emergency exercises per calendar year to include external partners if no real events occur. This will test and evaluate the emergency management plan in accordance with Joint Commission standards.
- Ensures the Hospital Command Center and communication equipment are in good repair, and determines their operational and functional capabilities in emergency situations.
- Maintains the annual report on Emergency Management Plan and presents the report to the Tenet Environment of Care Committee, Quality Committee and Quality Oversight for review as part of the Joint Commission Standards.
- Liaises with municipalities, county and state agencies, in order to facilitate plan development, response effort coordination of personnel and equipment. Acts as a point of contact for Regional Coordinating Hospital.
- Chairs the Hospital Emergency Management Committee and attend other related sub-committee meetings as required; monitor the planning process and contribute ideas that will assist in effective management of the department.
- Performs other duties as needed to support the continuity of Emergency Management for Tenet.
Travel required - as travel is required, we will run a MVR on the final candidate.
- Master's Degree in Emergency Management from an accredited college or university.
- Applicants must have a minimum of seven (7) years of Hospital Emergency Management experience.
- Certified Emergency Manager (CEM).
- Completion of a Master Exercise Practitioner Program (MEPP). Knowledge of mitigation planning.
- Applicants must have managed/led Emergency and Disaster Preparedness in a large, corporate, healthcare system with multiple facilities.
- Applicants must have demonstrated the ability to lead organizational efforts in times of crisis.
- Working knowledge of Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA).
- Working knowledge of Tenet s Emergency Management policies procedures.
- Working knowledge of various states Emergency Management policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Federal Emergency Management Agency policies and procedures.
- Extensive working knowledge of Emergency Department operations and regulations.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with casualty management, health care systems and hospital administration.
- Extensive working knowledge of EMS and Emergency Department functions
- Excellent organizational and facilitation skills.
- Strong leadership skills, interpersonal skills, and consensus-building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of staff and a patient population composed of diverse cultures and age groups
- Demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy and precision
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize projects and
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.