Director, GME, Dallas, TX or Remote
Job ID: 2105024106 Date Posted: 06/25/2021 Facility: Tenet Executive Search
- Mid-Senior level
- No Travel
What makes a successful Director, GME, Dallas, TX or Remote at our location? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
“Our physicians, specialists, surgeons, nurses and other healthcare professionals are highly skilled and dedicated to providing the best possible medical care. We advance health through the continuous pursuit of evidence-based, coordinated care. Our goal is to be your trusted and lifelong partner for health and wellness services.”-Frank Molinaro, Chief Executive Officer at Abrazo Health
Paid Time Off
Stock Purchase Program
Life and Disability Insurance
The Director of Graduate Medical Education (GME) will be charged with providing operational direction, tactical steps, management expertise, and goals/performance metrics for the GME programs at Tenet. The GME programs should be financially sound, adherent to the regulation and accreditation standards and produce physicians Tenet would be proud to employ or place on staff at its facilities.
FUNCTIONAL EXPECTATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
The Director of Graduate Medical Education (GME) will also have the following functional responsibilities:
- Oversee development and maintenance of Tenet’s graduate medical education resources, including policies and procedures and template documents to achieve successful performance against accreditation standards
- Collaborate with Finance leaders to build an accurate accounting of the revenue and cost associated with well performing GME programs at our centers
- Collaborate with Group CMO(s) to ensure that site directors of GME are fulfilling with the regulatory bodies’ requirements for GME provision and that our GME strategy and tactics are compliant with regulatory bodies’ requirements
- Collaborate with TPR to enhance the desirability of employment with Tenet to our residents and fellows
- Rationalize GME programs that are not performing well and expand ones where we have strength and strategic need for more physicians or a training program
- Partner with designated CMO to review the GME programs and develop action plans for improvement or refinement of processes
- Assist with strategies to optimize the resident and fellow complement at Tenet programs, with the goal of attracting highly qualified candidates to these programs.
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE, ATTRIBUTES AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
At least seven years of related experience in Graduate Medical Education with progressive responsibilities and accomplishments in improving performance of programs.
- Experience in implementing broad-scale organization change and transformation.
- Experience in politically complex environments and working with highly demanding physicians.
- Demonstrated success in listening to, influencing, and ultimately binding together physicians and administrators to make change.
- Knowledge of academic medical center and community based health setting.
- A history of identifying key priorities and problems, obtaining relevant information, identifying root causes and generating alternative solutions to reach sound management decisions.
-Must have independent judgment and decision-making capability. Excellent human relations skills.
-Possessing of communication and leadership skills to follow through on development plans.
-The ability to communicate effectively with diverse constituencies and to deliver high quality written and verbal presentations.
-One who encourages feedback and collaborative efforts in his/her staff in order to promote a higher standard of patient care, cost effective delivery of services, and a team-oriented culture.
-An individual of highest personal and professional integrity, principle and knowledge, earning respect and support when making difficult decisions and choices. Able to establish immediate credibility with peers, senior leadership, medical staff, and the Board.
Advanced degree (e.g., MBA, JD, MHA, PhD) required
A competitive compensation program will be tailored to the selected candidate. Base salary will be supplemented by a performance bonus and comprehensive, well-rounded benefits program, which includes relocation assistance.
Approximately 33%, mainly to markets in Florida, Michigan, Arizona, and southern California.