Director, IT Cloud Operations - Dallas
- Job ID 2005031418
- Date posted 09/17/2020
- Facility Corporate
The Director, Cloud Operations role is essential to enabling a modern computing environment in the Cloud that is highly scalable and resilient, which will significantly improve the speed of deploying new solutions for Tenet. This role is responsible for the planning, implementation and support of Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) environments in multiple Public Clouds. This role will require the management of third-party cloud support providers.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Cloud operations support
- Cloud engineering
- Cloud strategic planning
- Management reporting
- Vendor management
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science preferred.
- At least 15+ years of experience in IT.
- At least 5+ years in a management position.
- Vendor management experience is required.
- Expert level certification for at least one major public cloud service provider such as Azure, AWS or GCP is preferred.
- Experience with configuration, deployment and operational support of Azure IaaS/PaaS technologies.
- Solid understanding of on-premise infrastructure technologies (compute, network, storage)
- Solid understanding of containerization technologies and container orchestration tools.
- Strong understanding of on-premise and cloud security principles and technologies.
- Functional knowledge of DevOps methodologies, Azure DevOps experiences preferred.
- Experience with workload migration to the cloud.
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with multiple organizations and assimilate information from subject matter experts in complex environments.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.