Director, Labor Management - (California Area)
The Director of Labor Management develops and implements the strategic planning for labor and productivity management for assigned group, sets specific productivity goals to be accomplished, and directs the activities of the assigned Group aimed toward meeting those strategic goals. Identifies productivity opportunities and communicates recommended solutions appropriately with facility and group leaders. Follows company standard processes and utilizes standard tools to ensure consistency across the company. Collaborates with facility executives and department managers to continually improve productivity results. Participates in annual budget process and implements productivity changes as needed. The position is also responsible for complying with corporate policy and procedures, managing resources, promoting teamwork and maximizing internal and external customer satisfaction.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Identifies productivity opportunities and recommends solutions to the appropriate facility and group individuals.
- Provides input on the utilization of LMRS or other applicable systems used to capture and report statistical values used for managing labor costs based on units of service.
- Maintains associated infrastructure to ensure that accurate and current data is available in productivity-based tools (LMRS, Position Control, Volume Forecasting, Staffing Grids, etc.).
- Provides training, at the department level, for LMRS, Position Control tools and report interpretation.
- Continuously monitor productivity performance using recognized tools and software.
- Develops, oversees, and improves daily operations, policies, systems and procedures necessary to support cost reduction and system utilization goals.
- Oversees the position requisition process.
- Develops and implements standard staff scheduling process with departmental leaders to improve quality scheduling and staffing of labor at the operational level.
- Partners with facilities and nursing practice in identifying, quantifying, and executing cost-savings ideas and process efficiencies that improve patient care and utilization of resources.
- Directs standardization of operational policies and procedures across group as appropriate.
- Utilizes comparative data to target performance improvement opportunities.
- Ensures the delivery of consistent and accurate management reporting to accelerate decision making.
- Participates in facility and group budget planning.
- Serve as resource for productivity standard development.
- Provide weekly and monthly status updates on productivity performance across the Group.
The Director Labor Management will facilitate relationships with other system business owners at Tenet to ensure accurate financial and operational data sourcing including but not limited to General Ledger (GL), Showcase, Conifer (PBAR), Position Control, Comparison Database, PDR, and Kronos Time & Attendance with extensive experience/technical depth, system knowledge and judgment to plan to accomplish Executive Leadership Strategy & Goals.
Some travel required - as travel is required, we will run a MVR on the final candidate.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred. Relative work experience may substitute for other degrees.
- Lean Six Sigma Black belt preferred.
Required Background Experience
- 5+ years relevant work experience.
- Experience within healthcare operations required.
- Experience with labor management systems preferred.
- List specific background skills required for this role.
- Must have advanced analytical skills.
- Candidate must be an expert in Excel, with Macro skills and be familiar with programming languages. SPSS and Tableau preferred.
- Advanced MS Office user, proficient with Pivot Tables, relational databases and data mining skills required.
- Must be proficient in written and verbal skills.
- Strong presentation, negotiation, influencing, and leadership skills a must.
- Advanced analytical and interpretative skills.
- Must possess excellent organizational and prioritization skills as well as ability to mentor and develop others in labor management.
Tenet Healthcare complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities