Director, Patient Safety
- Job ID 2005018751
- Date posted 06/26/2020
- Facility Corporate
The Patient Safety Director will be the functional domain thought and impact leader for safety at Tenet and interact with similar level functional leaders (e.g., Safety, Regulatory, Infection Prevention) as a team to build an integrated plan for impact. This position is responsible for building a safety agenda that bridges across the three business units (e.g., Acute Care Hospitals, USPI, and TPR), and extending vertically to up-skill and develop the facilities Patient Safety Officer (PSO) . In addition, he/she will ensure adherence with Patient Safety Regulations & Accreditation. Excellence in this role would be driving safety outcomes Tenet-wide while radically up-skilling and up-willing PSOs at the facilities. More specifically, this position will:
- Develop a safety agenda that solves our performance opportunities, incorporates proven practices, and distilled to a manageable clarity so that it is easier to implement, train, track, and goal against valid metrics and targets.
- Work with peer knowledge domain leaders to build an integrated and mutually reinforcing quality-safety-regulatory-infection prevention plan. By design this plan should overlap knowledge domains and maintain clarity of purpose with specificity.
- The position implements and supports processes which drive outcomes-based, evidence-based, cost-effective and safe practices in the multiple facilities setting (e.g., ACH, USPI, and TPR).
- Be a higher-level expert of the facility leaders in safety practices and formulation of goals and targets.
- Routinely support multiple facilities by providing them with advice, best practice tools and templates, connecting facilities with each other for enhanced knowledge sharing, and researching information on their behalf.
- Collaborate with the multiple facilities CEO, CNO, COO, CMO, Patient Safety Officers, and DCQIs to adhere to applicable federal, state, local regulations. These include but are not limited to The Joint Commission, EMTALA, FDA reporting, etc.
- Registered Nurse (RN) BSN degree required, with experience in quality/performance improvement, and as applicable in other related areas of responsibility.
- Advanced degree in a health related field (Masters or Doctorate) preferred, with 5 years of relevant facility preferred management experience
- Current nursing licensure
- At least five years of experience working in a quality/performance improvement and / or patient safety department.
- At least five years of experience leading interdisciplinary initiatives in process improvement or directly improving the reliability of healthcare delivery at the point of care.
- Certified Professional Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) [Preferred]
- Certified Joint Commission Professional (CJCP) [Preferred]
- Certified Professional Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM) [Preferred]
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.