Director, Pharmacy Operations
The Director of Pharmacy Operations proactively and collaboratively promotes cost-effective, high-quality care through active management of the medications use process and pharmacy optimization of pharmacy operations. This person will be responsible for the management of the pharmaceutical supply chain to include procurement, inventory management, and support of the operations within the facilities.
- Ensures implementation of the Tenet pharmacy strategy across all hospitals within their assigned region focusing on optimizing operations, clinical utilization, and regulatory compliance
- Assists in the development of strategic initiatives regarding system standardization opportunities. Manages the clinical cost savings initiatives within pharmacy.
- Reviews and assesses opportunities for operational improvements including workflow, process improvement, and cost avoidance.
- Ensures the appropriate handling and management of controlled substances across the system and within each hospital.
- Provides leadership and support to the Directors of Pharmacy in the hospitals.
The Director of Pharmacy Operations will work with the Directors of Pharmacy in the facilities and will report to the Senior Director of Pharmacy and Medication Safety
- Deep knowledge of pharmacy and pharmacy operations
- Ability to work through a complex organization to drive deep and meaningful change.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy.
- At least 5 years in hospital pharmacy management
- Registered Pharmacist
- Advanced ability to work with Microsoft excel and advanced data functions.
- System level pharmacy leadership is preferred.
- Clinical Residency or Operational advanced training program (Director in Training)
- MBA or MHA
Tenet Healthcare complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities