Director, Project Management - Real Estate (50% travel)
- Job ID 2105007286
- Date posted 02/25/2021
- Facility Corporate
Director, Project Management
- Sets, Monitors and Maintains the project goals, objectives, limitations, resources and defined stakeholders in a project charter for the governance of the project
- Perform overall project planning, management operationalization, and close out for key real estate projects
- Team assembly (contractors, design firms, and consultants) by managing he process for qualifications, bidding process, contract review, and selection recommendation to leadership
- Direct the identification and sourcing of internal and external resources and stakeholders as needed for the project
- Assist with land acquisition and required entitlements on projects requiring this activity
- Create and maintain project artifacts, including: project plans, project status reports, project issues and risks, change requests, requirements, designs, testing plans, communication plans, education materials and knowledge transfer documentation for multiple projects.
- Manages and coordinates the activities of the project delivery team, develop and maintain the detailed action logs and risk registers, lead the development of risk mitigation strategies for the project
- Ensure that issues and risks are properly escalated and resolved
- Direct and coordinate the planning and refinement of the project scope (resources, schedule and financial estimate)
- Supervise the preparation, development and management of the master program/project budget and schedule, manages the monthly updates
- Supervise team activities and manage the execution of the projects within the agreed upon scope, timeframe and budget
- Initiate and conduct internal team status meetings, document risks and issues and communicate to the team
- Support the necessary business plan and financial pro forma updates required
- Identify out of scope activities and manage change requests
- Facilitate communication and coordination within the project team and other stakeholders
- Facilitate status meetings with Executives, advisory and/or steering committee members for escalation of risks and issues
- Contributes to projects life-cycle improvement through lessons learned, project archives etc.
- Up to 50% travel (National). We will run a MVR on the final candidate.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Detailed understanding of the challenges, differences and specialized tasks of a healthcare project vs projects in other industry sectors. Specialized tasks In addition to Essential Responsibilities above include the following:
- Working with user groups to develop programming and planning
- Vendor award, management, coordination and installation of specialized medical equipment
- Coordination and oversight of site logistics, Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA), Interim Life Safety Measures (ILSM)
- Oversight of the facility activation
- Oversight of Regulatory and other entitlements including Department of Health (DOH) Certificate of Need (CON) preparation and pre-occupancy survey in DOH states
- Detailed Understanding of the complex infrastructure and low voltage requirements of a healthcare facility and the impacts of working in such systems in an active facility.
- General understanding of the trends and issues impacting the healthcare industry including specific knowledge of the healthcare industry divisions (outpatient, acute, post-acute and senior living) and facility differences and trends (patient centered care, sustainability, operational efficiency, departmental adjacencies, etc).
- Ability to engage and carry conversations with the local hospital leadership team; including C-Suite presentations and reporting.
- Experience in developing and delivering communication plans and vehicles across multiple stakeholder groups (internal and external)
- Ability to quickly understand and navigate the internal Tenet business units to align the efforts of key staff to the betterment of the effort
- In-depth knowledge of project management methodology, tools and techniques for entire project life-cycle and across all knowledge areas
- Basic understanding of real estate structuring, real estate documents, key deal terms (levers).
- Clinical healthcare experience with knowledge of ambulatory facility operations, operating rooms and hospital experience.
- Presentation and executive communication experience
- Computer-literate with practical experience developing project work plans and related MS Office tools.
- Good negotiation skills with an assertive approach
- Excellent multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Effective interviewing and meeting facilitation skills
- Able to define, collect and document complex business and technical requirements
- Comfortable in high-volume, deadline-driven environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly adaptable
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills
- Consistent professional behaviour in all activities
- Bachelor’s degree, PMP Certification or similar training
- Ten or more years of clinical or other pertinent experience preferred
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.