Director, Supply Chain Operations – Acute Hospitals, REMOTE
The Director of Supply Chain operations for Tenet’s acute hospitals is responsible for managing and oversight of the Supply Chain activities for the organization to include Savings project identification and implementation, contract compliance, supply chain center of excellence and overall supply chain result improvement. This includes coordination and implementation of supply expense initiatives, best practices, and executing the corporate contracting/GPO direction to drive contract compliance. Directs and maintains all supply chain analysis, metrics, and initiative savings tracking. Manages and provides oversight to all content maintained within MMIS systems within Supply Chain. Guides and coaches hospital DMMs and Market Directors of Procurement to deliver results and build skills and capabilities. Lead and manages all savings initiatives, conversions, and implementations in all hospital facilities. Responsible for the management and delivery of special projects as assigned. Interacts closely with strategic sourcing internally as well as GPO partner to advance Tenet’s savings programs.
- Supporting cost savings objectives and implementing Best Practices in support of budgeted procurement and productivity initiatives. This scope includes med surge, Pharma as well as purchased services and OCE.
- Ensures daily operations of facility material management are following correct processes to maintain and efficient and cost-effective workflow.
- Will include participation in QBRs and vendor management of key procurement vendors
- Ensure a process of Supply Management Action and Response Team is implemented and being utilized within facilities to deliver results
- Train Market Directors of Procurement as well as DMMs on concepts, policies, best practices across markets/facilities, procedures etc
- Drive savings and improve Tenet’s financial performance through negotiation, process improvements, strategy recommendations, and the implementation of existing GPO and Tenet contracts.
- Maintain strong relationships with Group level leadership and responsible for maintaining the communication flow between home office, facilities and group level leadership
A Bachelor’s degree in healthcare management, supply chain, or business area is required. At least 10 years of relevant and proven work experience in Healthcare, Finance, or Supply Chain. Advance experience and knowledge of managing supply chain operations, including areas of contracting, sourcing, value analysis, MMIS/EDI, and vendor negotiations/ relations. Knowledge of database management, MMIS/ERP systems, and Microsoft Excel required. Project Management skills are critical with the ability to manage many projects with changing priorities. Organizational skills, prioritization and flexibility is also important.
Tenet Healthcare complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.2305025323
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities