Director, Workforce Operations (onsite/hybrid/remote in US considered)
Job Title: Director, Workforce Operations
Tenet Healthcare is seeking a Director of Workforce Operations to, initially, lead a cross-functional team for our workforce management system upgrade implementation, as well as be the business lead for continuous optimization of workforce management systems and business processes. This position serves as a leader and expert in the utilization of workforce management systems to improve staffing and scheduling practices to support patient care needs. They function as the liaison between the field operations, corporate workforce management and technical teams, including Information Systems (IS), ensuring we have aligned business strategy, capabilities, and resources to delivery meaningful, value-added outcomes to the organization.
The ideal candidate will have preferably led successful efforts in the following areas:
- Experience implementing UKG Dimensions, a previous version of Kronos, or other similar workforce solutions
- Workforce management within healthcare, to include workforce analytics, staffing, and scheduling
- Standardizing, simplifying, and aligning workforce management practices, processes and solutions to optimized operational outcomes
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You will lead a team of internal and external resources responsible for implementing Timekeeping, Scheduling and Staffing, Analytics and additional modules and related business processes
- Partnering with the IS PMO and a Service Integrator, you will document, report, and manage Project scope, schedule, and timeline for implementation efforts, including influencing the efforts and resources of a matrixed, cross-functional team
- Assess current timekeeping, pay practice, scheduling and staffing processes across markets with input from operational leaders on best practices and areas of opportunities. Provide WFM subject matter expertise to support the execution of the WFM operations, technologies, and processes across a distributed network with union and non-union operating environments
- Provide WFM thought leadership to develop new or improved processes, methodologies, systems, tools and/or services to enhance the organizations operating environment based on practical experience, optimal outcomes, and industry practices
- Be responsible for a staffing and scheduling workflow redesign, that would include implementation, monitoring and iteration across all markets in collaboration with operations leadership stakeholders including but not limited to House Supervisors, Chief Nursing Officers, Chief Operating Officers, Chief HR Officers
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify and implement workforce management-related process standardizations and improvements
- In collaboration with IS and the business, ensure governance and compliance with legislation, policies and procedures, and the overall IS strategy in the execution of project portfolios and capability roadmap realization, and measure quality and business value of investments to ensure customer satisfaction
- Transitions and leads workforce management operational activities to ensure continuous best practices once implementation is complete
- Collaborate with IS and Procurement on monitoring performance against service-level agreements and other aspects of vendor and contract management
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience leading at least one workforce management system implementation from design to launch
- 3+ years of UKG Dimensions experience, preferably in a healthcare environment
- Previous supervisory/team leadership experience preferred
- Must be proficient in the use of sophisticated business software programs
- Pay: $114,192-$182,416 annually. Compensation depends on location, qualifications, and experience.
- Position may be eligible for an Annual Incentive Plan bonus of 10%-25% depending on role level.
- Management level positions may be eligible for sign-on and relocation bonuses.
The following benefits are available, subject to employment status:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, life, AD&D and business travel insurance
- Manager Time Off – 20 days per year
- Discretionary 401k with up to 6% employer match
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Health savings accounts, healthcare & dependent flexible spending accounts
- Employee Assistance program, Employee discount program
- Voluntary benefits include pet insurance, legal insurance, accident and critical illness insurance, long term care, elder & childcare, auto & home insurance.
- For Colorado employees, paid leave in accordance with Colorado’s Healthy Families and Workplaces Act.
Tenet Healthcare complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities