Intern, IS Program Manager (PMO) Project Coordinator - Downtown Dallas
- Job ID 1905035633
- Date posted 09/13/2019
- Facility Tenet Headquarters
Tenet Healthcare is committed to the delivery of the right care, at the right place and time, as well as the continued improvement and advancement of the healthcare delivery system. Employees of Tenet Healthcare Information Services (IS) department are dedicated to supporting our front line employees who provide compassionate, quality care to millions of patients throughout the continuum of care.
The IS team provides an innovative culture that supports Out of the Box thinking in response to customer needs and industry challenges. As such, this internship will provide opportunities to apply to classroom knowledge to real world scenarios in preparation to transition into the workplace.
- Current acceptance by, or enrolled in, an accredited college or university in a course of study relevant to the mission of Tenet Healthcare
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, which is reflective of all college coursework
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation, organizational and process design skills
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Behaviors indicating thoroughness, quality driven, deadline sensitivity, efficiency and ability to perform independently
- Possesses a passion for a career in healthcare technology, specific focus on project management
- Be a team player with ability to collaborate with extended teams across IT and various business functions
- Ability to investigate and solve non-routine problems
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- Exposure to Microsoft Project, SharePoint or ServiceNow helpful but not required
- Contributing as team member to meet identified goals and assigned objectives
- Utilize Microsoft Office programs in the creation of documents in support of the efforts of assigned working group
- Build upon current verbal and written communication skills in the design and delivery of project contract management, contractor management, resource coordination and other project related coordination as we progress
- Cultivate soft skills, to include flexibility, networking, problem solving and critical thinking, while being open to constructive feedback throughout the internship
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.