IT Audit Services Manager
- Job ID 2105010017
- Date posted 03/22/2021
- Facility Conifer Health Solutions
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
This role is responsible for leading and managing IT audits to verify that adequate internal controls are in place to assess, report on, and make recommendations for improving the company’s key operational, financial, IT and compliance activities and internal controls to minimize the risk and exposure to the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Conducting periodic IT risk analyses to facilitate identification of audit projects.
- Development of project-level plans based on overall IT risk assessment results.
- Accomplishing audit objectives identified during IT risk analyses while demonstrating flexibility in responding to changes in assignments and job responsibilities.
- Performing critical project management duties in the planning, scheduling, coordinating, and reviewing the work of the audit team to ensure that projects are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Making practical recommendations for process improvements while ensuring that recommendations reflect an understanding of the business and are clearly presented to and agreed to by management.
- Conducting audit follow-up activities timely and sufficiently.
- Communicating results of audit projects to management and operations personnel directly involved with department projects, and as requested, to company senior management.
- Adhering to the department’s quality assurance process for planning, analysis, and documentation and reporting on all audit projects.
- Staying abreast of best practices and providing a means for introducing those practices to the organization’s business units and processes.
- Working with External Auditors to ensure company’s compliance with regulatory and contractual requirements (such as SOX and SOC/ SSAE 18 audits)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of auditing practices, procedures, and principles, sufficient to interpret and analyze complex concepts and apply these in innovative ways.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills needed for effective reporting and developing guidance documents to be utilized by others at all levels of the organization.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills, sound independent judgment as well as meticulous attention to detail.
- Business acumen and the ability to provide value-added advice and guidance to the business.
- Experience and capability in developing and using data analytics to enhance the audit process.
- Ability to build, coach and mentor a high-performing audit team.
- Experience operating within a multi-state, highly regulated industry.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and general systems aptitude, experience with audit software a plus.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer information systems, information technology, or related field.
- Professional designation / certification (CISA, CISM, CIA, etc.) is required.
- Minimum five years audit/accounting experience in public accounting, internal auditing, external auditing, and/or internal controls experience with at least two years’ experience managing audit teams and projects.
Include minimum certification required to perform the job.
- CISA, CISM, or CIA
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
- Ability to travel
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Work Environment
- Approximately 20% travel may be required