Manager, Coding Audits & Education - Hospital Inpatient
- Job ID 1905034961
- Date posted 09/09/2019
- Facility Corporate
Tenet Healthcare has an immediate need for a Manager, Coding Audits & Education.
Strategically, the position is responsible for protecting the company's interests and advance business objectives with respect to HIM coding by helping to assure Tenet coders achieve accurate acuity and severity capture, thereby assuring Tenet hospitals receive the optimal reimbursement to which they legally entitled in accordance with applicable coding and billing regulations and national guidelines.
Tactically, the position is responsible for managing a team of individuals that conducts coding quality reviews of Tenet coded accounts, identifying education opportunities based on those reviews and developing and delivering educational content. Accounts for review may be identified by numerous sources including but not limited to engagements with third parties, payer disputes, litigation, pre or post-billing edit resolution, and routine coder quality monitoring.
As requested, the Manager will deliver written and verbal reports of findings to HIM Operations leadership, as well as to Coding Compliance and/or other corporate operations staff as indicated.
This position is responsible for supervising, scheduling and assessing the performance of the growing team of coding auditor FTEs.
This position coordinates and monitors Coding Manager meetings, assignments and other activities as assigned by the Senior Director of Coding Education and Process Optimization.
- Seven years progressive coding or coding review experience in an acute care or outpatient services setting
- Previous managerial/supervisory experience, such as a hospital coding supervisor
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) certification by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- Knowledge of applicable federal regulations (DRG/IPPS, APC/OPPS, NCCI, ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines, OPPS, Coding Clinic, etc.)
- Proven ability to effectively communicate findings and deliver educational content to all levels of the organization
- Ability to balance multiple deadlines
A bachelor's degree or higher in a health-related discipline
AHIMA Certification as RHIT/RHIA
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.