Manager, Laboratory Operations - 50% national travel
Effectively and efficiently identifies areas for improvements in laboratory workflow and operations.
- Identifies areas for improvements in laboratory workflow and operations.
- Implements clinical laboratory initiatives, focusing on quality metrics and cost-effective care.
- Analyzes and implements strategies related to appropriate staffing and productivity metrics.
- Assist sites with determining their appropriate staffing grids based on these metrics.
- Implements quality and financial dashboards as needed.
- Supports the sites in their CAP inspections and conversions.
- Quantifies the actual savings associated with the implementation of the clinical initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in medical technology or related health science specialty. Meets CLIA requirements for general supervisor.
- 3 years of progressive supervisory experience in an acute care facility.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the development and implementation of clinical laboratory initiatives, focusing on quality metrics and cost-effective care.
- Demonstrated ability to gather information, analyze and implement strategies related to appropriate staffing and productivity metrics. Demonstrate ability to help sites determine their appropriate staffing grids based on these metrics.
- Demonstrate ability to implement quality and financial dashboards as needed
- Demonstrate knowledge in laboratory regulatory standards and requirements. Support the sites in their CAP inspections and conversions.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking in the design of solutions related to possible supplies shortages.
- Demonstrated ability to quantify the actual savings associated with the implementation of the clinical initiatives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of rapid quality improvement theory and practice.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Management skills, including project and time management, customer service, financial and personnel management skills.
- Outstanding ability to relate to academic and community-based acute care and non-acute care settings.
- Outstanding oral and written presentation skills.
- Demonstrated competency in the use of the Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Master’s degree in allied health specialty, health administration, or business.
- Registered in accordance with an approved certifying agency (ASCP, NCA, AMT or equivalent) Licensure, as required by State law.
Tenet Healthcare complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities