Manager, Strategic Sourcing
This position is responsible for creating and executing against a contracting & sourcing strategy for surgical services areas. This includes management of day-to-day contracting activities such as drafting and negotiating contracts, monitoring contract performance, developing, evaluating managing vendor relationships and options, building relationships with stakeholders across Tenet to engage and implement contracts with end users. This position works with the legal department according to defined processes and procedures. The position manages both GPO and local contracts. In addition, MGR, STRATEGIC SOURCING is responsible for conducting benchmarking activities, reviewing industry best practices, and deep collaboration with stakeholders to achieve cost savings, increase quality, and build and maintain a competitive contracting portfolio for surgical services. The process of managing contracts for the assigned surgical services should at all times be aligned with the vision for the future of Supply Chain, namely, sourcing the best quality products and services at the best price, treating customers with service orientation and focusing on supply chain excellence internally.
A Bachelor’s degree in any health or business area is required. A Master’s degree in any health or business related area is preferred. Sourcing and contracting experience in surgical services areas is preferred. At least 3-5 years of relevant and proven work experience in Healthcare, Finance, or Supply Chain. The role requires a deep understanding of Supply Chain functions, including, but not limited to, knowledge of GPO and local contract sourcing as well as related procedures pertaining to contracting strategies and contract management across surgical services. Knowledge of strategic sourcing including analyzing spend, benchmarking, reviewing industry best practice and achieving cost reduction whilst maintaining or improving quality. Supply chain experience in a healthcare setting is preferred.
- Ability to develop and execute against contracting strategies for assigned product category in surgical services in line with Tenet’s strategic vision of sourcing the best quality products and services at the best price, treating customers with service orientation and focusing on supply chain excellence internally
- Advanced contract drafting, negotiation and contract management skills for both GPO and local contracts
- Lead and manage negotiations for high complexity contract requests (Master Service Agreements (MSA), Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA), Amendments), independently, with little guidance from leadership
- Ability to leverage deep analytical skills to inform sourcing/contracting strategies (e.g., benchmarking, industry/market analysis, and spend analysis)
- Ability to develop and maintain strong vendor relationships including periodic business reviews
- Exceptional relationship building, interpersonal and communication skills
- Track record of identifying and implementing cost reduction and quality improvement initiatives (e.g., pricing, standardizing, and utilization)
- Support leadership in preparing ad-hoc, project based RFx presentation materials (business recommendations, savings projections) for budget owners and departmental heads including in-depth analyses
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams (e.g., clinical leaders, operational leaders)
- Ability to manage internal customer and supplier relationships to ensure successful contract implementation and operational effectiveness
Ability to participate in the formulation, development and revision to policies, procedures, and strategies related to strategic sourcing as appropriate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities